Friday, September 5, 2008

Keanna and Kallie come to visit!





Dear Ones,

This evening Keanna is our guest. She finally finished her professional delaying antics and went to sleep about 9 just after Nikki called to report the earthquake. Keanna talked to her mom about it on the phone and was a bit concerned about going to sleep without being with her parents. She colored and wrote letters in her coloring book this evening, ate her dinner well and visited a bit with Marilyn and me. She is growing up so fast, is so sweet and fiery at the same time. What a kid, what a precious little girl. Kallie was here earlier and was happy to smile, wave her hands and just be with her mom after having Nikki gone for 4 days back at work. Tomorrow Nikki will spend the day with her girls.

We finally got to give a tiny something back today. Sylvia experienced a dead battery yesterday, after 5 years it was very tired so Marilyn and I helped Sylvia put in the new battery. An engine starting never sounds better than just after a new battery. We made a great team, mission accomplished.

Another order came in today through the fax machine and I'll see it on Monday. I'll be so happy when this current heat wave moves on, having it close to 100 all the time gets old after a few days. This afternoon I went out and mowed my tiny yard in spite of the heat, it just needed to be done. I have so much admiration for Steve who mows 19 yards now with his landscaping business. How he can take the heat house after house I do not know. I'm sure he drinks lots of water. He is determined to do whatever it takes to care for his family!

Nikki was back to work at for the Department of Energy for the federal government. She serves as an auditor and in general loves her job. But any job that takes one away from a precious new baby is tough to handle. Next week Steve is starting on a two week gig that requires him to leave at 6:30 in the morning so I'll be switching to pappa day care for a few days. I'll be at their home at 6:30 in the morning and deliver Keanna and Kallie to school and baby sitter, then start my day. Its the least I can do to help them and I get to see the kidos every day that way. I'll have to start walking at night or on the treadmill in the evenings. I'll miss the walks with Ken but in a couple weeks I'll be back to keep him in line.


This morning I took Starr and Lady to the park for a walk. I've very concerned about Starr, she no longer races up the stairs at night when its time to go to bed like she always has before. She has trouble even jumping up on the couch or the chair. I'm thinking I need to take her in for a checkup but that takes time and money. As it is the bug decided to stop cooling today so on Monday it goes back for an AC checkup.

I well remember how low I was last Friday night and how defeated I found myself feeling. Then the amazing help handed to me by Bob Miller, passing on some pretty astounding kindness from someone. How good it felt to see the house payments clear the bank on Tuesday, how deeply I felt the divine hand. I guess I was complaining about no response to my stair chair ad in craigs list because Carol from N. Carolina wrote a comment reminding me that I should wait for God's timing and it would sell when it really needed to, sound advice which I appreciated.


We happened to have a little watermelon in the frig and Marilyn decided it needed to be opened up and enjoyed. Wow, what a pleasure it has been, even Keanna had a piece tonight, God certainly knows how to make things taste well, no fat, no salt, no sugar added, just straight water melon, oh so good.


Well it is time to head to bed as Ken has proposed we walk at 6:30 in the morning when it is cool. Keanna knows to let Marilyn know she is awake if she happens to get up early when I'm gone but I think she's sleep right through until I get back.


Sending love and deepest appreciation to each and every one of you tonight. Life is precious, a gift and I think we should each do the very best we can with what we have. I'm feeling its time to stop drifting and get going again. Will you join me in this adventure called the rest of our lives?

love


tim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice diary for nice family

Anonymous said...

Good Morning from NC!
We have no sign of Hannah here in Western NC. The leaves are moving slightly on the trees and we have a nice cool, sunny day. We are hoping to get at least a little rain though.

What special pictures of little Kallie. That first picture looks like Nan. I remember that "look". How God blesses in continuing looks from one generation to another. One life closes out and another begins.

Have a special day with family and with the Lord today.

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

This heat is rather wearing but it cools so quickly in the evening, with the shorter days, all in all it has been a very easy Summer with only a hand full of 100 degree days.

We are dealing with the reality of Mom's Passing, seems like I need to go visit Mom when the clock says 4:00 pm (My usual time with Her every day for the past 7/8 Years but then I realize that She is gone and is finally at rest. Takes a while to set in. We will have a Private Family Committal service in Mid October. She will rest with Dad till the Lord returns for Us All.

We are having another Pot-Luck (Last Week it was the Choir at Del Batch's Home)today at Bob Tan's Home. He is cooking the Main Dishes, the Seniors from the Center will bring the Salads & Desserts etc. He is a very acomplished Cook and has a beautiful Garden & Pool Area for entertaining.

The Movie this week at the Center was "Bonneville" a Very entertaining Film With Kathy Bates,Jessica Lang & Tom Scarett and of course a Beautiful mid 60's Pontiac Bonneville Convertable which took them from Idaho to Mexico.(10 days) Lots of laughs.

There will be a Free Band Concert here Sunday at Hutchens Street Square Band Stand 5:30, should be a good Concert. We have several of Our Church Members Playing in the Band.

Have a good Sabbath Day,

Love to You & Marilyn,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Kallie is growing and changing so fast! And Keanna is such a beauty, too, and is probably a great big sister. Nice photos, I love it when you post pics of the kids. My niece recently had her baby and named her Kalleigh. Same name, different spelling. It's so pretty spelled either way. Enjoy your Sunday! Deborah