Sunday, September 28, 2008

Keanna hits the slides....

Dear Family and Friends,
What a great family day this has turned out to be. Ken and I walked this morning and then I settled in to work for a while. At 10:30 I picked up Keanna and we drove to Lodi SDA Academy campus where a pet and hobby show was in full swing. Pam met us there and purchased tickets which were required for food, events, booths and play opportunities. Keanna had a blast, went fishing for toys, slid down a huge slide that scared me. The vegeburgers were great and we had a chance to see Donna Want, Shawn and Cindy and the kids. Fun stuff. Then with an eye on the clock I decided we needed to head toward home. Nikki met us at Spaghetti Factory where we enjoyed some more social time. Then we all went our own ways, Keanna, Kallie and Nikki headed home, Pam headed to the school where she is principal and I headed home to face two must finish appraisals. One is now emailed to Chevy Chase and I'm in the middle of the other one right now. I have XM radio classical channel playing through the computer, the AC is quietly blowing cooling air to keep the room and equipment at a decent temperature, the dogs are sleeping at my feet and I'm cranking.
Tomorrow morning I leave for a long trip to Oakhurst, gateway to Yosemite National Park. I'm seeing a little house there for my friend Bob Johnson who gives me work from time to time. Then back to check out a house in Modesto which has been described in some pretty unflattering terms, like falling down etc. We'll see. Then back home to unload all those checks in the mail box (wishful thinking). I won't have kido duty this week as Keanna is on a two week break from school and father Steve is caring for her tomorrow and Tuesday. She is looking forward to seeing her dad again.
The entire trip today was spent in spelling and sounding out words. She is amazing in how quickly she learns so its great fun for me to play along and encourage her.
I look forward to another positive week. It seems financial challenges will be with me for some time yet I'm still here and gaining on the bills a bit at a atime.
How is your week looking for you?
Well its time for me to go back to work, I'd rather talk with you than work any day but commitments are there to keep with clients.

Sending love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
No, we haven't forgotten you! It's been a very strange year for us. With the fuel shortage we have been experiencing it has really hurt our business. The lines are long and price is high. I think for the first time in history you are paying less than we are. I have seen up to $4.59 a gallon. We have never been higher than $4.09 before. The refineries in the golf are partially up and running. We are now at 70% delivery and the lines are much shorter. I still have gas from 2 weeks ago before it got so bad.

It sounds like you are experiencing a busy time for the business. Good for you. Maybe it will help you keep your head above water. Well, actually you aren't any worse off than the Federal Government. We ALL will be affected by someone else's fiasco! Roger says the ones who made all those billions$$$ should have to pay it back ~ like that's going to happen.

Back to work!

We love you ~ Carol