Monday, September 29, 2008

A very long day, home safely

Dear Family and Friends,
After about 5 hours or more of driving I'm back home again. I walked this morning, then showered, had oatmeal and grabbed the brief case and drove off. The GPS is always a bit long on its time estimations but the miles were about right, 166 miles to Oakhurst and the home I was to see. I loaded a new book on tape from CostCo and enjoyed the trip down. The fuel gauge hardly moved as I drove and even now after coming home with 385 miles it is just below the half mark. That will help as it only holds 13 gallons.
The homeowner was a delightful lady with an interesting story. Her first husband was a test pilot for Lockheed and was killed in a plane crash. She was a flight attendant for TWA and flew a lot with her husband too. One day she had a severe cold and in the process of ascending her ear drum ruptured leaving her with little hearing. So she told me when I arrived that she would be reading my lips and she did perfectly. The home was perfect, out in the country on 1/2 an acre and I enjoyed measuring and inspecting it. She told me of a good place to eat so I stopped there next. They had a great vegetarian sandwich on some strange wholesome bread, it was great. Then the next stop was at the Board of Realtors where I was allowed to use the boardroom and check out the sales in a book they provided. I've not done that for years. Then I loaded the addresses for 7 properties in the GPS and set out to locate them. All were on country roads and were every direction but after a couple hours I had them all except one and I never could find that property. As I completed the photographing of comparable sales it started to rain, that was downright fun to breath in the fresh air filled with the fragrance of rain. But as I started to descend to Madera the rain stopped and the hot air of the valley forced the AC to come back on for the rest of the trip. I was so happy to pull into my own driveway this evening, thankful for a safe trip, for the car holding together for one for day and for the chance to work.
New orders were waiting including a rush relo order which I have set for tomorrow afternoon at 4 pm. Its local which will be nice.
My job has its perks, as I rounded a corner today two deer were in the road. They were in no hurry to move along and I studied them up close, beautiful animals. So in one day I get to listen to a good book, meet someone with an interesting history, spend time in the mountains, see nature, have a nice lunch and have business and family phone calls through the bluetooth stuck in my ear. Not a bad day at all.
So I wish you all a good night!

love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Tim,

Glad that You had a safe drive Yesterday.

Can We all say -777, what a day for the Market. Certianly this is a sign of the "End Time". I'm so thankful that Our Personal Market,Stocks,Funds&Shares were disposed of 3 Years ago. If We had them now they would be worth only pennies on the dollar. So many lost so much as a result of Our Government "Of The People", sometimes I wonder?

Looking for cooler weather and enjoying the $3.49 Gas for a change, could it possibly continue to go down? I doubt it!

Have a good day,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I'm just catching up on your blog. I've had company here, a wedding to attend, a son to send off (back) to China, vacation plans that went awry and have been cancelled, etc., and etc.! A whirlwind. Finally, now I have a couple days to get caught up with work and home, then more company this weekend. Every day is an adventure, and it seems yours are as well! So glad you are staying busy and happy. Times may be a bit tougher than usual at the moment, but this great country always rebounds. I wouldn't live anywhere else! Have a great week ahead....Deborah