Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally its friday night

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope this finds you contented and calm this evening. This week has certainly contained challenges and rewards for me. I've enjoyed working with the girls each morning and delivering them to school and the sitters, I've also enjoyed having an over abundance of work to do once again. Probably my busiest week of work this year and most are sales. I enjoy working with sales since someone is getting a new or used place, new to them, title company people, real estate agents, inspectors and appraisers are making a living and sellers are able to breath better with the property off their books or hands.
With Marilyn gone the house has seemed extra quiet but I know she is enjoying being back with her family. Unfortunately their sewer backed up and really made a mess of the basement but now that is behind them as well. Around here due to the ladies cleaning I've had a very low effort week to keep things in order, some very good meals, a really decent loaf of bread made better by including flax seeds during the baking process (thank you Ray). This morning while I waited for my angels to wake I called the IRS. Not only did I not have to wait for hours I happened to get to work with a very pleasant lady who helped me through the process. Things look very good for an agreement which will cover tax years 2005 and 2007 and set in place a plan to make the regular quarterly payments. My stress level was fairly high when I finally reached her but she was very helpful and let me know some things that I did not know before about the ease of making payments and possible amounts I would be expected to pay monthly. With that settled and to be finalized October 10Th the rest of the day went well. After delivering the girls I came home and quickly did research and drove to San Jose. Then after completing that inspection I drove to Pittsburg and then ended my work day in Concord. I was offered a check for $750 if I could drop by a Walnut Creek office so I included that in my day. Then home via Applebees where Pam via a gift certificate paid for my dinner, thanks Pam.
Arriving home I quickly prepared a deposit slip and took the money directly to the bank. The other check I picked up today has to be held one week for funds to be deposited, that creates a bit of a problem but it was the best the lady could do.
Now its Sabbath and like my brother said tonight in our brief phone call, Sabbath means a rest from all our labors, a chance to rebuild that special relationship with the Creator. I watched the pastor of La Sierra University as he spoke and enjoyed his fresh comments about what it means to belong to God's family.
Now I'm more than ready to hit the hay. I think the dogs are both ready and willing as well. I've enjoyed the emails from friends this week, many are inspiring, some are funny, some political and all thought provoking. Thanks for keeping me on your lists.
So I send my love, thinking tonight of Irene, Keith, Gerry and others who have special needs.
love

tim
ps Please remember Dana, Ronnie and their family, still no power and probably not back on for another week. Ron continues to keep the frigs cold with generators but how they long to be together again with power and some normalcy.

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, you did have a busy week! Energizing, isn't it? Glad things are going well. I love it when you are upbeat and confident and obviously moving forward and that is happening more and more consistently, have you noticed? Keep these days in mind when the hard ones pop up. Have a great weekend!