Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Marilyn returns

Dear Family and Friends,
10 pm and time to blog and sleep. This has been a day of busy work and production. Ken and I walked this morning, then oatmeal and a surprise visit from Steve, Kallie and their swimming wonder dog. It was great to see them again, Kallie was smiling and cooing, Meela was swimming and bringing back the ball, Lois and LeAnn both were on their back decks, it was a nice time. Then they were gone and it was time for me to go back to work again. While it was difficult to really produce because to do so I had to keep jumping back and forth between the laptop and the desktop in the lower office. Two new orders came in, one for Steve and one for me. I'm heading out in the morning to Rio Vista to see a home and collect a check, yea!
Finally I completed an appraisal this evening only to have it bounce back when I tried to email it to the lender.
Jim called to say my computer is repaired and working again. He even managed to get the flash player to load, a real accomplishment. A power supply gave up causing the computer to fail. He has spent hours on it and his fee is very reasonable. After Marilyn and I ate at the Boardwalk this evening we picked the computer up and its now back in the office, not hooked up yet but at least its back again.
Once again the mail brought nothing money wise today. However I heard from three different lenders who are mailing checks out today so the next few days could see at least some money arrive. Thanks to the miracle of the weekend I was able to pay the house payments in full. I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled I am to have made the payments.
At this point I've not had any calls on the stair chair so I'm thinking I need to get the word to the right places, places where people who are in need of such equipment can hear about it, not sure yet where that is but I'm thinking I need to get the word out better.
Lately I've noticed that when its time for a meal I actually feel faint until I get something in. Perhaps I need to check my blood sugar at those times to see if it is dropping too low. Today for lunch I made lima's, cut up a ripe tomato and had a little cottage cheese too. This evening I had a garden burger. The current loaf of bread came out the best yet. It is dense, tasty and cuts perfectly. I'm really quite proud of it.
Marilyn came home this afternoon full of stories from her week in Sacramento. Sounds like she had a great time and was able to help the people she spent time with. I know her grandson is missing her in Rhode Island and one of these days I will lose her but for now she is anxious to get to work on Nan's desk in the office. I tell you this girl can file and sort like a pro.
Well 6 am comes early as does the 6:30 walking time.
I am very thankful for many things, for many people and for a great family. To all of you I say thanks.
love

tim

No comments: