Friday, September 26, 2008

Finally its Friday

The one bright spot in a long week is sleeping upstairs, Keanna is here tonight for a sleep over. She played quietly this evening, at a big dinner and went to bed without complaining. She comes up with the most amazing things, comments. Like where she asks me if she reminds me of Grammy, and of course I say yes because she does in so many ways. Or her voiced greeting to grammy as we drive by the cemetery, hello from kallie, Keanna, Mommy and Daddy and Grampy. So precious. Now she is very interested in sounding out words, using letters, wondering what letters she sees mean. She is more and more fun to work with. And her coloring just keeps getting better, her use of colors exciting.
This has been a week of struggles, of meeting challenges, like how to see properties, get them written up in a timely fashion, keeping an eye on new orders, running comp checks, managing money, keeping things paid. The fun has been time spent with the kids in the mornings and at other times of the day. They are full of life, ideas, smiles and energy. I feel I am so blessed to have little ones around and this week I've had a chance to see them all including Timothy at Jason's party on Monday night.
In a couple weeks time I've gone from having almost no work to having as much as I can handle. I've not had a chance to go grocery shopping or even buy paper that I need for the office.
Finally the Sabbath has arrived and gradually the stresses of the week are melting away.
In the morning Keanna has requested waffles and then we head to Sabbath School. It will be nice to breath a bit.
I realized this evening once again the reality of losing Nan. Alone without my buddy, my energizer bunny who always had ideas, fun ones that made life more than livable, she made it fun. I really miss her and the zest she brought to our lives.
Special thanks to special friends, Sylvia, Art, Sharon, Pam, Irene, Loree, Jerry and the kids who check in often and make sure I'm OK.

So good night my friends, my family

love

tim

No comments: