Saturday, November 22, 2008

A blessed day

Dear Family and Friends,
What an enjoyable Sabbath. Ken and I walked in perfect crisp fall weather, then a quick yogurt breakfast and off to collect Keanna for Sabbath School. Keanna was the perfect little Sabbath School attender today with Emily in charge and Bernice at the piano. What fun to see the kids sing, pray and learn important lessons about Jesus and his creation. I especially enjoyed seeing George Miller for a few minutes after Sabbath School. He is one of God's special people, has a heart of gold and a love for people and especially for the Tracy SDA Church. He is always so encouraging and positive. I just appreciate getting to see him.

Nikki and Kallie met us for lunch at the ol Olive Garden where we were treated to good food served quickly. Then the girls headed off to some kind of tea party that Keanna has been looking forward to and I headed out to meet Jason and Jo with the Odyssey Van. We ended up meeting on Mission between 880 and 680 and did the transfer. I got to hold Timothy who was a bit sleepy. Clayton was there having just driven down from Walla Walla College, a very long trip. In just a few minutes we traded cars and I left in Jo's mazda 3 and they left for home. Tomorrow morning they leave for LA where they will attend mandatory teacher meetings for a couple of days.

I picked up meds in Brentwood, $133.00 worth. I sure would like to move away from taking so many meds, I'm almost sure the drug manufactures could survive without breaking my bank every week. Then to home to set up tables in the garage and place my dining room chairs around them to see if they could actually seat enough people for the thanksgiving Nikki and Steve are hosting. Sure enough there are enough places.

This evening I decided to install the new filters in the RO system. How humbling to discover you are still capable of making huge mistakes. In just a few minutes I had water almost an inch deep on the kitchen floor. It happened this way! I carefully read the instructions and then reach under the sink high on the wall and turned off the water supply, then I used the took they send with the kit and turned off one of the canisters holding a filter, water gushed everywhere so I screwed it back on and using a mop cleaned up the water, then thinking that the pressure of water must have passed I unscrewed it again, the gush of water was even more and the water spilled onto the floor, for a minute I felt panic, it would not stop and then I realized I had turned off the hot water value, not the cold water one. What a difference when the water supply was really turned off. Now the rest of the process went well and new filters are installed now. Already I have a larger stream of reverse osmosis water from the faucet than has been the case in over a year. So now I know the solution I'll do the one at Jason and Jo's and the one at Steve and Nikkis too. They have all quit, its just the filters are full of junk and have stopped the flow of water. Yea. I have a heater drying the kitchen floor and I went through 4 towels to sop it up but I think no damage was done. Nice to tackle projects and see them through.

The mail was very kind to me today, two checks and a phone call this evening with a credit card number for yet another one. Now we are talking. Thank you Lord and to those special people who have helped me so much over the last few months. It sure feels good to fill up now for $30 bucks at $1.76 a gallon instead of the $4.00 plus of a few months ago. At one point I paid over $5.00 a gallon for diesel for the bug. I know these low prices will not last but for now I appreciate this one bright spot on a gloomy horizon.

It was so good to see all my kids in one day even if not at the same place. I am so proud of each of them for the way they live their lives and for being really good human beings.

So tomorrow comes and I've decided not to travel this weekend after all. When I realized how many people I had promised appraisals on Monday I decided to stay home and do the right thing, keep my word. I got to travel last weekend and it was wonderful so this time I'll stay put.

I hope your weekend is going great for you and that you are reaching out and touching the one you love, saying that silly mushy thing you used to say, going to breakfast in that special place, doing the honey do list without being hassled, do active love while you can. There are some of us who would do almost anything to be able to reach out and touch ones we have lost. We don't resent that you have your loved ones but we sure want to encourage you to take advantage of the chance you have to love actively. Do it now, you have no idea of what the week holds. Do it now, please.

So good night my loving friends, you are precious to me. As I write Starr has settled down beside me, she loves the weekends since I have more time to sit still and she can be with me. She and Lady are real companions.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

We are wishing You & Your Family a very Happy Thanksgiving Day, Don't Eat Too much !

We are leaving for Palm Springs Tomorrow Morning about 11:00 and will be down there for the Week, Leaving on Sunday for Home. We break the Trip up with a stop overnight at Tehachapi, it's close to the 1/2 way Mark and makes for an easier drive both ways.

We will probably not get to the blog or the E.Mail till We get Home on Monday but I might give My Sisters Computer a try just for kicks.

We sang three numbers for the 11:00Service at Fairmont Yesterday, they went well, the Angles indeed sang with Us and the Service was a good one.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.