Sunday, November 16, 2008

Timothy has a big day




Dear Family and Friends,


Well here it is 12:19 and I'm just back to the motorhome. Since I was here it allowed Jason and Jo to have an evening out. The are just back. Timothy finally fell asleep after some tears and anguish. We played, read books, sang songs and did our best to communicate. what a joy he is.


I took a shorter walk than normal this morning then had breakfast with Jason and Jo. Then it off to Sabbath School MBA style. This Sabbath School has it all. About 10 custom changes, angel, wise men, shepherd, you name it, a chance to ride the camel around the circle, of course the theme is Christmas and the music is non stop, the activity is constant and the leader is just great. There are 9 regular kids who attend plus guests and visitors so it is a big big show. What fun.


The church had a huge potluck at the house across the street which has a big front lawn, nice shade trees and great food. I took a microwaved manicotti from CostCo not wanting to just crash the party and not contribute. At the end of the meal the desert table took on significance. Outstanding for me was some pumpkin bars, oh they were so good, of course I'm guessing they were loaded with sugar, butter, cream, you know all the healthy stuff.


After potluck Jo asked if I wanted to take Timothy to the beach where Jason was on duty as a supervisor for the academy kids. I loaded him up into his little stroller and we walked the distance not only to the bluff but then down the trail and across the sand until we found his daddy. Then he and Jason played in the surf, fell down and got wet and got all sandy. At that point Jason send him home with me to see if Jo would give him a bath. Although I seriously wondered if I would make the trip all went well and I feel better for it. One could not order a better day weather wise. It was probably 80 degrees at the beach with a gentle breeze. Just a perfect day to be here.


This is the kind of place you would dream about living, ocean views constantly with pelicans flying just above the waves, surf sounds day and night, quiet nights with no traffic noise and dedicated people to be friends with. I have loved coming here for years and still enjoy the experience. I wish Steve and Nikki and the girls could have been here but Steve had to do a mission of mercy at 1 am this morning, his brother David was driving in his little car and a wheel nearly came off on the freeway so Steve had to rescue him which involved being up most of the night, not fun at all.


So now its time to get some sleep. Tomorrow as I understand the plans we are going somewhere to obtain a Christmas tree and I plan to install the new battery for the motorhome as well. I also hope to begin work on the golf cart, its batteries need a boost.


Many thanks to LeAnn for feeding the fish and the kitties while I have been gone. And a special thanks to Ray who repaired a mirror door to a little medicine cabinet in the motorhome. I did not realize he had done it until I got ready to go to bed last night and there it was looking back at me. I was shocked and pleased. Nice work.

So I wish you each a good evening and a good sunday as well.

love

PS I love the photo with just the outline of Jason and Timothy with the sun in the background.


tim

No comments: