Sunday, November 16, 2008

Great times with Jason, Jo and Timothy

Dear Family and Friends,
Today was really beautiful. We drove up the coast through Santa Cruz and along Highway 1 to finally arrive in Half Moon Bay, a small town which serves as a bedroom community for many who work in the city and the south bay. Jason and Jo selected a great place for breakfast and I enjoyed an omelet with asparagus, spinach and cheddar cheese. Timothy dined on his sandwich, his sippy cup and other things his mommy had packed in a little metal lunch box. They we checked out a few local shops including a very interesting antique shop. We then drove back to their home at MBA where we all enjoyed a brief nap. Then Jason had to patrol the campus as he was on duty from 3 pm on. He showed me his class room where he teaches English every day and also new biology and science classrooms that are almost completed. One room has a new 800 gallon reef tank that will be beautiful when it is completed.
I tweaked the batteries on his golf cart but failed to revive it yet. Then I installed the new battery in the motorhome which turned out to be unbelievably easy since it was located in the front of the engine and radiator and had just three bolts to loosen. Even at that I think I stripped one of these partially out. All to soon it seemed darkness was falling and I knew I needed to get on the road so I carefully backed out from their side yard and made the trip home. No being in any rush I held it down to 55 and the gas gauge hardly moved. In spite of only buying $50 worth of gas for this trip the tank is much fuller than when I left, a good thing for the next trip somewhere. The dogs were very happy to be home but loved the trip. They like to sit on the dash or in the passenger seat to see what is happening and seem to love to travel. Next time I'll pack dog food for them, this time what I had ran out so I had to meter it out a bit at a time.
For me at this point in my life where every day is a bit of a challenge to be able to travel down to spend a weekend with the kids is very special. For a few hours I get to catch up on their lives, on what they doing and planning, to hear how their work is going and most important, to catch up on little Timothy. This guy is a blast. If he is awake he is going, doing, talking, pushing buttons, playing or eating. He is so fun and is learning to love books, songs and doing what he sees big people do.
The sunsets each night have been amazing, brilliant colors and blazing sun quickly sinks below the horizon. It is really an opportunity to be able to go and I'm very thankful this evening to be home safely and to have another wonderful set of memories tucked away in my heart. Thanks Jason and Jo for making everything so special.
Now its back to work. I have ended up planning to see 4 properties tomorrow, are they next door to each other? hardly. San Ramon at 9 am, El Sobrante at 11, Vallejo at 12:30 and then back to San Leandro at 3. It will be a very good day and I look forward to every minute of it.
Sending out love to all,

Tim

2 comments:

lizzie said...

beautiful pic of the silhouettes on the beach!! Have a great week. Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Glad that You had such a good time with Your Family and have arrived Home safe & sound.

Got the roof/gutter problem fixed and the bill was $475.00, Guess what Our deductable is, $500.00 so again the Insurance company WINS. What else is new!! I wonder what happens if the monthly Premium gets above $500.00? will they then pick up the difference, I doubt it. Let's hope it will not get to that point!

Looking forward to going to Palm Springs next week for Thanksgiving with My Sister & Her Family.

Have a good week ahead and take care,

Bob & Carrol.