Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ready to travel.........

Dear Family and Friends,
Like many days recently this one has seemed very long. This mornings walk seemed long and down right hard. Something is not quite right in my chest though I really don't have any idea of why or what is happening. After the walk I returned to shower and have a good breakfast. Then I completed an appraisal and emailed it on its way to the lenders. Then it was time to drive to Stockton to do a driveby appraisal in Weston Ranch. Once again I was amazed to see first hand the 2,501 SF home on a quiet court which is selling for $150,000. Then I had just enough time to drive to Pan Pacific, a RV sales and repair facility off Highway 5. They confirmed that they can do the recall work for the frig in the motorhome and can even do it while I wait so next Wednesday is the date. Then I raced up the Freeway to March Lane and to the Grupe Company complex where I had been invited to attend a meeting. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the concept of the city using about 12 million dollars from the federal government to purchase foreclosed homes, rehab them and then either sell them or rent them out. For each home purchased an appraisal will be needed. The first actual funds to appear will be the first of January but all the details of how the program is to be operated were discussed. It holds promise for helping a lot of potential homeowners be able to purchase their first home. It also will remove the many homes standing empty with lawns turning brown from the market and put people back in them. It was a very exciting meeting.
After leaving the meeting at 3:30 I met Bob up in Lodi and got an estimate on some of the things that need attention on the van and then drove home. The estimate was very reasonable but the trip home was driven with the setting sun in my eyes. The levee road is enough fun on its own and really fun when driving into the sun. Finally I arrived at home and I headed to the kitchen to prepare a griller for dinner.
Then it was off to grief group which was unusually interesting tonight. Such precious people and such good snacks Barry brings. He is some cook and baker.
Now its time for bed. I'm excited, tomorrow I get to see Mr Timothy again and that will be a blast. I enjoy the quiet serenity of being at Jason and Jo's place. The dogs just enjoy the adventure. With gas prices so much better the trip will be easier to manage financially than at any time this year.
I leave you with these words, Words are mere bubbles of water, but deeds are drops of gold. Chinese proverb.

love to all,

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Good to see You Yesterday and get the Van estimates in place to "get er done" as the "Cable Guy" would say.

We are having Choir Practice this evening, I think, Our Director Bob Tan has been in the Hospital with Chest Pain & Shortness of breath so We are not sure if He will be able to continue, He had Open Heart Surgery about 10 Years ago. He needs Our Prayers.

Glad the that Your Meeting went well and lets hope that You will get some much needed compensation form Your efforts.

Have a good weekend and a safe drive to Monterey Bay,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.