Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A good day

Dear Family and Friends,
A brief report from the battle fields surrounding Willow Lake Court. This morning I ventured east with the troop carrier (Stratus motorhome). Arriving to the minute on time I was very pleased that the crew started instantly doing the recall work and evaluating why the leveler would not work. Two hours later I was driving out on time thanks to their keeping their word. The 7 year insurance policy will fix the leveler which comes to a total of over $500 to repair.
Then it was a rush back to the castle where Jim the IT warrior was doing battle with my personal computer that does the heavy lifting for the business. After a quick lunch of a griller on wheat bun it was off to Oakland to see a tiny little house. The only problem there was, no key, someone had taken the key away so a return trip will have to be made later. However a check was handed my way. Then it was back on the trail for El Cerrito where I arrived early, so early the folks were not yet home. I started to measure but a barking dog caused me to give up and wait. What lovely people, people my age who are rescuing a little 8 year old grandson. He now lives with them and they are so proud of his report card and are redoing the house so he will enjoy living there more. New kitchen, new terraced rear yard, new bathrooms, all in all very nice.
Finally it was time to punch in the magic words to the GPS, home. How I love to head home. Traffic? Yes it was slow and punishing but XM and Bill OReilly helped me arrive home safely for yet another day.
Jim had completed the computer work but like usual there are some things that are wrong and others that will have to be learned new. Yet it needed a cleaning out. So I'm $380 poorer and happy to be home tonight.
My life / work is enjoyable yet tiring. I meet the worlds nicest people, see interesting designs, furniture, artwork, smell many different things cooking in the kitchen, learn about children, trips, hopes and fears and of course actually do a physical inspection of the properties as well. I like driving my little VW around with its GPS, XM radio, books on tape, lunch box with munchies and drinks. I'm enjoying a time of plenty of work right now for which I am very thankful. Perhaps soon money will begin coming in the mail again as these appraisals work their way through the system and loans begin to fund.

So its been a fine day. Hope it has been that way for you too. I enjoyed talking to Jason and Nikki today along with friends and business calls as well. It really makes the day speed by when you get to talk to a friendly voice.

So good night friend and family,

love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Productive days are so nice! I've had one, too, and am happy for work and a fundraiser to prepare for (I'm a vendor/sponsor), handmade Christmas gifts to get started on (yikes, should've started weeks ago), and just enough $$ to cover the bills! These days I can't ask for more. Enjoy the rest of the week! Deborah