Sunday, November 23, 2008

Short and sweet

Hi
I will not go to bed late tonight, I'm determined. Ruins the next day.
Just back from a nice evening with Loren and Emily and got to see my friends the Whites too.
Worked in all day and managed to get some work done. Happy to report the reverse osmosis system is working great with its new filters. I am now getting the best water stream from it I've ever had and the water tastes great. I think it was worth the disaster on the kitchen floor of last evening.
I know we are heading into a time of thanksgiving. I can't help but remember that we had a house full of guests last thanksgiving and Nan was still very aware of everyone at that point. How I love to have guests here, its a secret dream of mine to own a big house and to have company all the time, relaxing, socializing, eating, listening to music, painting, sitting by the fire in the evening and laughing together, now that is a dream. People laughter is the nicest music in the world. Pure joy is so rare, so precious, so elusive, so God driven.
I rarely am really relaxed anymore. I'm lazy a lot but not really relaxed. Even when I am watching TV I find myself with my head erect instead of relaxing it on the back of the recliner, looking forward to a day when I'm not so uptight, so scared. Not sure when that will be. I know there are moments when things seem right but they are rare yet.
For breakfast I felt like feasting so I made 1/2 cup of steel cut oats instead of 1/4 cut. The oats along with some rice milk, flax seed and some fiber provided an excellent breakfast. For lunch I dissed vege chicken, dissed cheddar cheese sticks, added croutons, cut up carrot over a bed of greens and a couple little tomatoes cut up, fresh from the plants on the deck. It was a great lunch and so colorful. This afternoon I made one of those huge glasses of lemon water that I love so much with Nan's lemon juice that we found frozen. What a treat that was.
I spoke to Jason this evening and they had completed their trip down to Long Beach and were eating somewhere. They enjoyed the van with its space and comfort. That makes me feel really good and Steve with Keanna's help had it detailed and ready. The family works!
I'm hoping for a good week. I'm dealing with some health issues that are new to me, tingling in my feet and left leg and my fingers go to sleep very easily and then tingle. Just glad I see Jim, my faithful physician this Wednesday as I'm uneasy with these symptoms and would like answers.
So I bid each of you good night. I hope Bob and Carrol are enjoying their trip to Palm Springs and I know Roger and Carol are happy to be back home from their cruise. Art and Connie are getting ready for their upcoming trip and so it goes, friends in transition, enjoying life. God bless them all.

love

tim

No comments: