Thursday, November 6, 2008

A kind gesture

Dear Family and Friends,
Today's mail brought a very thoughtful encouragement. One of you send a card with a check for new tennis shoes. While my current walking shoes may be disappointed to find themselves retired I am delighted with this gesture. I plan to go shoe shopping, thank you very much. I'm really excited! I've not been involved in purchasing clothes for the past 36 years. It was one of those things I just didn't have to worry about, either birthdays, Christmas or fathers day would provide just the shirts, jeans, shoes that I needed. The colors were always right and I grew complacent about selecting my own clothes. Most of my clothes are doing very well and holding up fine, that is as long as they don't need to be ironed or have buttons sewed on. In the past year I've sewed on one button and that was sort of an ordeal, I wondered all day how long it would hold before popping off.
Its been that kind of day, after a great night of sleep, a brisk walk with the drill Sargent Ken, a hearty breakfast I settled in for a day of production. During this day I've written and processed about 5 appraisals and gotten them emailed to lenders, dug out the RO water system from under the sink, found the details and emailed the manufacture for new filters and a membrane, created a huge salad at lunch complete with rashberry and almond low fat dressing (courtesy of Sylvia), warmed up a bowl of soup courtesy of Mary from the travel agency, paid a couple bills, made a deposit, attended grief group tonight. I've also baked a perfect loaf of bread.
Finally I was able to gather my wits about me, settle down to work and got some things done. I hope tomorrow will be the same, a success.
This afternoon Keanna went to the orthopedic surgeon in Walnut Creek and the pins were removed. She was very concerned but also very brave. After that experience and learning that the healing has been a success they went to Build a Bear where Keanna created a new addition to her stuffed animals. Then they found dinner and ended up visiting Nikki's high school friend Tanya who lives with her son In Walnut Creek. Oh the experiences of parenting little ones. It was challenging back when we did it and I think it is even more so today. Tomorrow evening I get the honor of hosting Keanna for a sleep over and then Sabbath School the next day. We get to have lunch with Bob and Carrol, Nikki and the girls at the Olive Garden, what makes it so special is, Bob has coupons! Yea. Like Nikki says if we just drink water and have Bob's coupons we can hold the cost down.
I can see a future trip down the coast is in order. An order came in this evening for Pacifica. I will look forward to doing that one.
Well it is now time to be in bed. Starr and Lady have been signalling that it was time for awhile now. They like to settle in for the night, Starr under the covers and Lady outside the covers. They are a great emotional help to me during this time. Talk about loyalty and love. Just keep the treats coming and they are there for you all the time!
Thanks again for the "new shoes". I'll do a photo when they are in hand.

love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

What a beautiful Day this is starting out to be. Sunny & Warm with only a light breeze.

We are looking forward to a great Lunch with You Sabbath at the Garden with the Family. Our Olive Garden in Stockton is moving right along, New Building is nearly done (outside) and I think they are planning to be open by Christmas Time. You must plan to join Us there when it is finally a Reality. It is located directly accross from the Marie Callenders on March Lane at I-5.

Have a good Day and we will see You soon.

Bob & Carrol.