Friday, November 21, 2008

Many days are easier now, almost liveable!

Dear Family and Friends,
10:20 The dogs and I went to the park this morning and then it was off to a relocation appraisal in the older part of Stockton, Very nice little house but such a bad area for comps right now, yikes! Then on to Turlock to meet a nice lady and see her house. There comes a time in womens lives when they become proud of their age again. She challenged me to guess, well that is never a good idea but I was amazed to discover she is 85. She looked 70 at the most. Lost her man 13 years ago but has kept the house in perfect condition inside and out.
Home after an uneventful drive I dove into the garage to find and retrieve two folding tables, Nikki wants them for her upcoming Thanksgiving day feast. Wow was there ever a lot of stuff to move to get to the tables. Box after box of medical stuff that I'll not be using but could help someone someplace.. Lois came over and helped guide me as I backed the motorhome up to the house. Her role was to keep me from backing into the house. Mission accomplished I was able to hook up the drain hoses and empty the tanks. I'm still thinking of going somewhere tomorrow afternoon and Sunday, just can't decide where yet. Any ideas?
I've been encouraged by the responses to my decision to join the gym and Weight Watchers. Seems most people think it is a good idea and that helps. I don't even know where to look in my area but I'm assuming there is a local chapter or whatever they are called.
As I reflect on this week I see many decent things happening, not exciting but certainly meaningful. Having the house more organized has helped in so many ways. I function better when the clutter factor is reduced and let me tell you in the areas where Sylvia has helped the clutter is gone, wonderful.
I'm glad the Sabbath hours are here and in the morning Keanna will be ready to head to Sabbath School with me, then we will meet for an early lunch at the Olive Garden. After that I'll be taking the van to trade cars with Jason and Jo. They will drive it to Southern California for a few days as they attend teacher meetings. I know Nan would be thrilled that this week the van has helped the kids. That is why she wanted it and was willing to trade her Jag in so she could have it. Of course we both believed that the decision was God's will as the van became a bedroom on wheels for dozens and dozens of trips to radiation, hospitals, doctor visits, airport trips. It was just the right thing to have at the time. Now thanks to Steve and Keanna's work the van is in very clean detailed condition and looks great.
A friend from Laurelwood Academy days has facilitated me joining Face Book or something like that, a way of being in contact with many friends from the past. Gradually I feel like I'm being dragged into the 21st Century.
Many thanks for your prayers and extended love,

Tim

No comments: