Sunday, November 2, 2008

Here comes a new week, are you ready for it?

Dear Family and Friends,
It is coming at us, no way to dodge it, what will we do with it? How will we use the time to advance the good? Fight back evil, hatred, despair.

I started this morning by waking to light outside, then I slipped on my rapidly decaying tennis shoes and started the treadmill. I decided that if I walk 3 miles outside I would do 3 miles inside. It was actually harder work than walking outside and it took an hour but it felt good, very good and I was able to watch my heart's rate gradually rise to about 130 for most of the hour.

For breakfast I had a yogurt and a hot drink. For lunch I made a salad with lots of good things and a chicken sandwich. Then this afternoon Nikki called and we went to LaVilla at Bethel Island. Great food and loads of fun playing with the girls. Keanna mentioned that she could read a book, then she proceeded to recite the entire book from memory. She loves reading, learning to write and sounding out letters. What fun to watch the early excitement that strikes when a bright child gets into the adventure of learning.

Tomorrow afternoon the funeral for George Harty will be held at 3 in the church. George will be missed very much, one of the pillars of the church. He and Gloria have been very helpful to the Tracy SDA Church family. I do understand a bit of what Gloria is feeling right now, mostly just totally lost at this point, bewildered and wondering what comes next.

Ken has called and we are set to walk at 7 in the morning. Its a great way to start the day. I've spent quite a bit of today working on the accounts receivable for the company, mostly wiping out debts for clients that are more than a year old. The chances of collecting money for work finished after a year has passed are nil so why keep sending statements and spending funds on postage for no return.

You have probably heard this before but I'll ask again for your prayers for my financial situation. This is always a very tough time of the month and this time it is complicated by a house payment not made yet. Thanks in advance for your prayers and I do believe that things will work out for good.

Sending my best thoughts to each of you, hoping for success, glowing relationships and improving family togetherness.

love

tim

No comments: