Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Timothy in actionn







Dear Family and Friends,



This morning started early, had to get to the kids house to get Keanna and Kallie ready for the day. What fun to see the little ones get started, stretch and smile at the day.



After the kidos were placed the dogs begged for a walk to the park. When I got back I decided to pull the bike down from its hangers on the ceiling of the garage and use it to propel me to the motorhome storage facility. First the tires needed air and then I started off. I huffed and puffed but ended up enjoying the ride through Discovery Bay, across a trail to the Safeway shopping center and then up Bixler Road to the RV park.



It is always taking a chance that the motorhome will actually start after sitting for so long. It did start but in a mode I've not seen before. An orange warning message on the dash said, engine running with limited power, service needed. Great! It has so little power that it would only creep forward. My heart sort of sunk as I had hoped to take the coach to Jason and Jo's on Friday and spend time with that little power house Timothy who is now doing so many exciting things. So I decided to do a very unmanly things, I read the manual. It said to turn off the key and wait for 10 seconds, then restart the engine. Well it worked and the power was restored yet a warning to service engine soon remains lit on the dash. I quickly drove home and parked in the driveway, hooked up to electrical power so the frig can get cold and came in to shower and start work. All morning I felt like my chest was compressed, just did not feel right but gradually throughout the day the feeling grew less and less intense. In the spirit of Sylvia I cleaned a pile of papers on the right side of my desk, filed what need to be filed, threw away worthless items and can now see the desk top again.



More orders came in today and several value checks needed attention too. I made a healthy lunch, drank a tall glass of lemon water and this evening watch the OReilly Factor while I had dinner, he is so funny to watch in action. Now I'm trying to complete yet another appraisal and then crash early, hope hope.



I really enjoy this time of year and with the tremendous boost Sylvia has given in the kitchen working there is now a total pleasure. Everything makes sense, soups are arranged in order, breakfast items are grouped together, pots and pans are in place, I'm getting spoiled with all the counter space and having everything so clean and tidy. Its wonderful.



Tomorrow I go to Stockton to do a driveby appraisal in Weston Ranch, a development near Highway 5 and then attend the meeting with the Grupe Realtors concerning the possible purchases of many foreclosed properties, then on to meet with Bob and get estimates for van repairs that are needed so it can be sold as a safe and clean vehicle. Then back to grief group at 7 pm. It will be a good day. I hope Ken can walk in the morning, I've not heard yet what his schedule is. For those of you who do not know anything about Ken let me fill you in. He does mortgages, runs a tax and financial consulting business but is so involved in just about every civic group it is amazing. He knows everyone and helps everyone too it seems. It is people like Ken that make a town a better place to live.



So my friends I leave you with some sage words that were shared with me this week. "To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life." TS Elliot and "Happiness and love are just a choice away. Leo Buscaglia






Love to all,






Tim

No comments: