Friday, November 28, 2008

Peace

Good evening,
After a busy day it has been nice to unwind this evening. There was some incredible music on 3ABN tonight and then on the Loma Linda channel. I made a dinner of brown rice and some vege meat meal starters that we found in the freezer. Then I cut up a fresh Roma tomato and it was all very good. Just finished putting away the new brown rice I cooked up this evening. Its nice to have on hand to use a moments notice.
I worked in this morning after walking the big 3 with Ken. After I completed an Oakland appraisal and emailed it out I drove to Oakley, picked up a check and conducted an appraisal inspection of a little house, bank owned and ready to sell. When the properties are bank owned and empty they usually put a lockbox on the door that only needs a code and the code is usually found in the MLS listing so I don't have to bother the agent, just go when I can. I was so engrossed in a story on the XM radio that I remained in the car outside the house while I selected and located the comps on a map. Once the story was over I measured, photographed and inspected the little place and then quickly drove the comps which were all very recent and located just blocks away. Then as it was growing dark I drove home and deposited the check on my way. The hungry bank always seems to need funds. This is the weekend of the house payment so that is a looming challenge but tonight I'll just put that aside and relax and settle into the peace that comes from having a safe place to rest ones head.
I went by and took an inventory of the linen in the motorhome. I was very surprised to discover just how much stuff had accumulated in the cabinets of the motorhome, many pillows, many blankets, several sets of sheets and pillow cases and some more of Nan's clothes from our last trip down to see Jason and Jo at the end of 2007 summer. Its OK, making such discoveries seems to be part of the process. I've come to think of our life together as packing a whole life into the 37 years we knew each other. And it was good. Now a new page is being turned in the book of life and today's challenges have to be met, new relationships forged and I've got to make the most of the opportunities with the precious kidos and wonderful friends. As the house is beginning to take shape future opportunities start to be visible on the horizon.
Next week, Thursday, will mark one year of recovery and reflection. No one in the world could have better support or better reasons to place hope in the future.
Tomorrow morning I'll pick up Keanna for Sabbath School. Then in the afternoon I am considering visiting friends and relaxing with them.
I'm hoping that you and your family will have an enjoyable and meaningful weekend together. Can I urge you yet another time to take time to express how you feel toward one another, DO NOT TAKE RELATIONSHIPS FOR GRANTED. They can slip away in a moment and need to be treated like quicksilver, held gently in your hands and treasured. Do it, don't plan to do it, do it, don't think about doing it, do it, don't wait until a better time. Please do it. For some of us who are on the other side now we can't go back and say I love you one more time and we are very glad we said it often and showed it often while we could. Relationships are like a beaker tube with a slight leak. Good will, touching, kind words, affirmation needs to be poured into the beaker of the relationship all the time, don't assume because you said nice things recently that its covered for awhile. The wear and tear of life tends to drain the tube pretty fast so it needs constant infusions from you. Not good with words, then do what you are good at. Speak up, step up, pony up, stand up!
I'm speaking from a soapbox that is standing in a quiet house that now holds one person. You enhance my life by taking good care of your own. When I hear about divorces and hurting relationships I just cringe, I think, fools, what is wrong with you, you are both still alive, it worked once for you, you can make it work again if you put your own selfish little desires aside and do the right thing. Fake it until you feel it again. Coming from a broken home and learning to live with parents going their own selfish ways when I was 11 I can tell you it messes up everything a kid holds to be precious.
For those of you who do let each other know often how you feel I say right on, then if something should happen your regrets are few and your memories are more intact, more precious.
So I send my preaching love to you all tonight,

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,
Happy Sabbath to you! I see you are enjoying peace in your life again. You have come a long ways in the last year. Life is fleeting, as you said, and flies by so fast. I'm sure my dad at 94 wonders how he got to be that age so quickly. As I look back it is hard to believe I'm the age I am. Yes, we do need to make the most of life and live a life filled with quality relationships.

We have a sprinkling of rain this a.m. and the hope of more. It has now been declared to be the worst drought in history in this usually lush green area. So far we do have water, but the supplies are dwindling. Trees are dying and the springs and ponds are drying up. We are hoping and praying for a wet winter!

Well, my friend, enjoy your day of rest, peace and joy.

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Preach it Tim! With a hearty amen from Sylvia