Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rain comes to Discovery Bay

Dear Family and Friends,

So here I am sitting with Starr at my side, well actually snoring lightly as I'm watching an old CSI episode on my new TV. Let me explain. Steve and Nikki managed to get the TV they had wanted for years, a nice flat screen and kindly passed on their huge projection TV to me. My magnovox that has lasted nearly 20 years is still going strong but could be on its last legs. So one of Steve's friends is going to enjoy it and I decided to tackle the process of unhooking about 50 cables and wires from the back of the old TV and moving the new one into its place. Amazingly it fits perfectly and has a much larger screen than the old one. So I'm enjoying watching this huge picture that will take some time to get used to. Oh and yes there are still dozens of cables to reconnect, but that will be another day.



I took it easy today and pretty much stayed out of the rain. I enjoyed some of the good food Sylvia brought, its been many many years since I've eaten soy beans and they are really good with some brown rice. Seems like a feast.



Some money did come in the mail today, not enough to even come close to covering the house payment but when I tried to pay the house payment on line it demanded two months, would not accept the one months payment so I'll have to talk to a live rep anyway. Tomorrow will be a work day from start to finish and I hope to accomplish a lot.



The rain reminds me of some pretty tough times when Nan and I were bringing her home from hospital stays in bad weather. I remember one night when she had been in UCSF for several days and she was finally released in the evening. She had seen an add for drinking glasses and decided that we needed to make a stop on our way home from the hospital so in spite of driving rain we found the store, parked and I wheeled her in and she got her glasses. It seemed like we had several experiences with rain, some in Boston where it seemed to rain every three days and also on the west coast. Rain also reminds me of days long ago when we would sell Christmas trees at Christmas Tree Land at Cal Expo. We would work in the brisk air for long hours and always seems to enjoy Christmas even more as a result. One year Nan spent hours wiring a little tree with colored light on every branch and then she had the guys flock it over the lights. The effect was wonderful and I think we kept the tree up until Valentines day.



So the seasons change, fall is upon us and the days stretch out ahead. Each month brings a nearly full blown panic as I think of all the bills I have to deal with yet as time passes the sharp edge seems to dull a bit. I'm looking forward to this month as I sense business wise things are slowly changing, improving.

And now its time to sleep and move into day light savings time. May your new week be a good one.
I send my love to all.

Tim

No comments: