Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sleepless night turns into a positive day

Dear Family and Friends,
6:45 walk with Ken in the cold
8:45 leave for Castro Valley, enjoyed visit with a very engaging homeowner, great sense of humor. 11:45 arrive at home in Oakland, 88 year old gentleman shows me around and talks about his family, great visit, 2 pm leave for San Jose, arrive 2 minutes early, great visit with a real interesting little old lady, 3:50 head home where Sylvia was having "fun" clearing cabinets of hundreds of items I didn't even know I had. 4:50 arrive home to find every surface covered with items from the cabinets, the dining room table was literally covered with interesting things ranging from can openers, dozens of knives, spatulas, wooden spoons, graters and so much more. We decided what stays, what can be sold at an upcoming garage sale and what just needed to be tossed. Huge progress was made and Sylvia has been an unbelievable help with her organizing skills and boundless energy.
Now its time to head to bed where I hope to begin to catch up on sleep after a very troubled night last night. I really admire those of us who have a level temperament, who never seem to let things get to them. Perhaps sometime I will reach that maturity level of faith and stability. I'm not there yet. Yesterday was one of the worst I've experienced and today was filled with joy and surprises.
So I'm sending my love to all, wish you were here, you could select something from the kitchen for your house!!
love

tim
ps Thank you for the extremely kind emails and calls, you are so strong as friends, what a huge blessing you all are.

No comments: