Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Being warm, its a blessing

Dear Family and Friends,
What a dreary day this has been. Ken and I walked this morning and while it was very cold the rain had not started.
I worked in trying to make things happen but all too soon the clock said 1:30, time to leave for an afternoon appointment in Orinda. This time the very nice house was located on a downslope. Everything was overgrown and very wet, muddy and slippery. Yet it worked out fine. The rain sort of slowed while I measured but certainly grew in intensity as I drove home. This book I am listening to is so interesting that the miles just go by without notice. Unfortunately I'm almost at the end of the book which is never fun. This afternoon found me standing in the driving rain loading the last two CDs into my trunk unit which holds 8 CDs. I made quick work of it and then slipped back into a warm car and headed home.
This evening at the club I met Norman. He is a personal trainer and was assigned by the club to do a follow up on how I'm doing after these 4 months have passed. He turned out to be a quiet and very knowledgeable guy. His past experience has been for John Muir in their cardiac rehab unit so he has dealt with people who had to make real changes or die. He introduced me to different machines that will work the same muscle groups I have been tweaking for these last few months. He also dealt with stretching, warmups and showed me more places in the club to enjoy.
Now I'm home to enjoy the evening by writing up an appraisal that was due today. I did not get it completed this morning so I'm back at it now. What a blessing it is to have work and it just keeps coming in. Now if I can just get healthy enough to keep up things will be nicer.

Hoping you are staying warm, being cold is just not fun at all.
Love to all

Tim

No comments: