Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A plan interrupted


Dear Ones,

We walked, we survived the cold, the shower felt great, the breakfast was OK but when I settled into my work chair with the little heater at my feet all I could do was sleep. Finally I wakened from my slumber and made final preparations for my trip to Foster City. My entire day had been changed, Richmond was put on hold, I found suitable photos for Pacifica so Foster City was it and I had a noon appointment.

As I drove out of Discovery Bay the GPS showed an arrival time of 12:04 and once I reached Highway 580 the time worked down to an on time arrival at noon. That was until I reached the San Mateo Bridge. For the first part of the bridge we were all going 70 or more and then the wall of brake lights began to show. One hour later I left the bridge having finally reached the roll over at the top of the elevated part of the bridge. I've included a photo of the pickup with the blog. What a mess.

Once I knew what was happening I called the realtor and he proved to be a very understanding Christian gentleman. He took advantage of the time to visit CostCo which is nearby and grabbed something to eat. He could not have been any nicer and we enjoyed our time together. As I walked back to the car with my ladder under my arm he said, you sure are a nice guy. I felt the same about him. He shared how he lost his brother last year with a tumor in his stomach and we talked about moving on after experiencing loss.

The weather was so warm over there that I drove around with both windows open to keep some air moving. It felt like 70 degrees.

Once I had my Taco Bell I headed home and encountered very little traffic. But going to Stockton to see a house was out of the question, the day was too far gone and I still had an appraisal to complete and deliver to a new client.

Once the appraisal was completed I rewarded myself with a trip to the club. What fun to use muscles until they burn and complain and then do it again and again. I have noticed that in spite of feeling pretty awful with coughing, headache, sweating, head congestion that the club really gets the blood pumping. Tonight was extra nice as the big screens had the Olympics on and while I would not take the time to watch them at home to do so while working out helps pass the time.

In the morning I see Jim at 7:30. I hope he can provide some assistance that will help me recover from what ails me. After all the weekend is coming up and I have the honor of hosting Kallie on Sabbath. I want to be fit so I can keep up with her.

I'm heading to bed now. Hope your life is on track and that you are having some fun along the way.


love


tim

No comments: