Saturday, February 6, 2010

A solid Sabbath

Good evening friends and family,
I'm just back from a delightful evening with friends, great food and Mexican train domino's! Fun fun fun.
Today was the second in a series of special programs during Sabbath School on finances, talk about timely for me personally! I feel it is helpful and encouraging.
Our pastor's sermon today was solid as usual. She has a really good communicating style which just works in our precious Tracy church.
After the worship hour I had just enough time for lunch before the memorial service for Mary Alice Skau. So I selected Olive Garden and had a delightful lunch watching people. The service was a time of remembering how special Mary Alice was. Dan and Debbie, her grown children were there and entered into the sharing of precious memories.
A word about Mary Alice. She and Paul came to Tracy many years ago and became pillars of the church. Paul used to preach for me when I had to be away and was both a trained minister and a RN. Mary Alice was also a nurse and worked in central supply at the hospital for many many years. They lived in the same house for over 40 years and had great neighbors, one who spoke today with glowing memories. Mary Alice became paralyzed several years ago but instead of growing bitter or angry she endured with grace and joy. She always had a smile and a soft spoken kind word for all she met. A nice couple of caregivers moved in and took care of her for these last several years. They testified about her kind spirit and how much they will miss her.
As people spoke for her a composite was developed which helped us all to understand more about her life and to admire her even more. I felt the pastor did a masterful job of guiding the service and lifting the Lord up through it all.
So this has been a positive day and when I pulled in a few minutes ago I discovered one check in the mail. While it does not cover the health insurance bill which will hit the bank on Monday and is $840 it will go a long ways. I am very thankful for these funds.

Good night and I send my love and appreciation to all of you.
Love

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Mary Alice had passed away and I'm sorry that I missed the service. When I was growing up in the church, she was always so kind.

Nikki