Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rain, traffic, long hours

Good evening
It felt good to pull into the garage this evening out of the elements and be home safely one more time. It turned out to be a very long day.
Ken called this morning about 5:55 to let me know it was not raining so we could walk, whoopee! Once we were outside we discovered cold wind but no rain so we walked and before soon we were warm and into it.
Once back I made oatmeal and settled in at the computer to work. With one report out the door I turned my thoughts to the next one that is overdue. At 1:30 I began the process of leaving but it was 1:55 before I pulled out of Discovery Bay. The GPS said my San Francisco destination would appear at 3:05. It took a bit longer due to nasty rain and slow drivers. Going across the Bay Bridge one could feel the wind pushing and pulling on the little car. I always enjoy driving through San Francisco but today the traffic was tight and grumpy.
Once I arrived the house turned out to be wonderful. Set on a hill with a view of the ocean and the city below it had been totally updated just a year ago. Everything was in its place throughout, sort of like my house, NOT. Once I left his front door and was back in the car I relaxed a bit since I had a check in my hand, the check that would finally cover the last of the house payment! So I set out to shoot photos of the comps which were all nearby.
Once that was done and after finding a bathroom I set sail for Mountain View. A little townhouse had just been updated and I needed to confirm the work was completed for Bank of America. So knowing this trip would pay a whopping $75 I set the GPS and got on 280 which just happens to be the most beautiful freeway in the world! It was a pleasant trip at first but then the traffic began to back up and once I was on 101 we came to a crawl. I didn't arrive until 5:45 but was able to shoot the required photos. The property now shown with a new kitchen, new floors, new sunken spotlights and a new ceiling, no more popcorn.
Once that job was completed I was able to head for home. That turned out to be a 2 hour trip with traffic everywhere at a crawl. Since I have a clutch my left leg gets pretty sore after hours of that nonsense. Anyway I'm home safe and sound with missions accomplished.
Tomorrow I head for Vacaville to see a ranch and I hope I get a break in the rain while measuring it, whatever it will be OK. After all its Friday and then the blessed Sabbath once again with rest, friends, kidos and family.
Hoping you are all staying dry, warm and in love with someone.

love

tim

No comments: