Tuesday, February 2, 2010

moving in place


Hi

As I write this evening I am so tired I can hardly stay awake. For some reason last night was a time of little sleep and a whole lot of taking inventory of my life. Do you ever do that? Try to do a mental clipboard showing those contributions and the failures in hopes they might come close to balancing out. Let me just share that last night I couldn't think of many on the positive side and the negatives just came pouring out of my memory. I know that when you tend to start the process being pretty down and depressed it gets sort of slanted. I'm aware of that but at times like this I know one is supposed to find a new beginning, have an epiphany, see a great light, grab the ladder............ Well it did not happen so at 12:30 I was down in the office desperately thinking of someone I could call and talk to. But of course at that time of night normal sane people are sleeping. Finally at 1:15 I headed back up and this time after a bit of snuggling under the covers I fell asleep. Of course the alarm was there at 6 preparing me for the walk with Ken.

So as I drove to San Pablo this morning it was a sleepy trip. Knowing I was needed back here at 1:30 to witness Keanna in her concert of patriotic songs at the school I remained focussed. After shooting the comps I needed and finally locating diesel I drove quickly to Suisun City for a driveby appraisal. Then it was across blood alley, Highway 12 at a breakneck pace of 45 mph to Rio Vista. I arrived for her concert at 1:22 and the concert started at 1:30. I was able to let her know I was there, see photo above, and then Steve arrived. Keanna was thrilled, Her mommy had warned her that perhaps none of the family would be able to come so her joy was intense when both her daddy and pappa made it. We beamed as she sang.

I've worked in this afternoon after another day with lots of worthless mail but NO checks and this evening Nikki called to let me know she was making dinner, cottage cheese roast, limas, mashed potatoes and some killer lemonaide.

Now I'm home just counting the minutes until I'm in bed and sleeping. I'm that tired.

I sure hope your life has got some thrills in it from time to time because mine is pretty boring from time to time.

Yes I am blessed with so much, maybe it is time to think about the many blessings.


love


tim

No comments: