Sunday, February 28, 2010

Great music


Dear Family and Friends,

This afternoon I had the opportunity to join friends for a concert put on by the choirs of UOP. The first part was done by the little select group and they created a time of magic with beautiful harmonies, soft pure sounds, unusual arrangements and good directing. The larger choir which sang later was also good but the little group created a moment of art that was gratifying to experience.

Today Ken and I got back to walking and the morning was very beautiful. For breakfast I felt like something different so I cut up a Roma tomato that had sat on my counter for about a week so it was really ripe and mixed it with non fat cottage cheese. I heated up a couple Stripples and added in a banana. Then I forgot to eat lunch totally so I did not eat again until much later. Yet I survived just fine.

After the concert the coughing started up and has grown much worse this afternoon and evening. I had to cut my talk with Jerry, my brother, short since I just could not handle talking and coughing. The coughing has generated a huge headache so now that I'm through with an appraisal that was due tomorrow I'm heading to bed. Good old codeine with be my friend tonight so I can sleep.

Magic does not happen every day and I encourage you to reach out and grab it when you can, whether it be a quiet moment in nature, a musical moment, a sunset or even time spent with a work of art, feed the inner soul often.

Love to all,


Tim
The picture is of the sky while driving home on Friday afternoon on our lovely levee road.

No comments: