Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super sunday

Good evening
Well its 8 pm and the shouting has died down, what an exciting end of the game and how nice that a team that has NEVER won a super bowl win one. Like the owner said as he was accepting the trophy we are back, after Katrina and the hit that state and city has taken to win this when a few years ago they could not even play in their own stadium, well its nice to see momentum swing in their favor. It would be fun to be in New Orleans tonight, its sort of wild in the French Quarter anyway and tonight, well it will be real exciting.
I was actually working out at the gym during most of the game and could catch snippets of it on the flat screens that line the walls. It made the 3 reps of 12 pulls and pushes on the machines go by quickly for a change and tonight I managed a few more of those delightful situps while sitting on the big blue ball, what fun. I'm always glad when I finish and I've not fallen flat on the floor. I can assure you I only do those exercises when the little stretching room is empty of people.
This morning I woke to face the challenge of taking a FHA online class that I need. Lest you think online means easy, well not so fast. At the end of each section there is a lovely quiz and you must get 8 out of the 10 questions correct or you have to take it again. I was impressed again with how sensible the FHA guidelines really are. They are built on the assumption that a buyer will need to buy a home that is safe, secure and functional. Hence the kitchen needs to have all the things one would need to live, a range, a sink, a counter and basic cabinets. The bathrooms need flushing toilets, the lights need to work and the doors need to lock. The roof cannot be leaking and the sidewalks need to be free of trip points. FHA does not care about cosmetic items, if the carpets are worn or the windows have a crack, too bad but if the security bars do not open on a bedroom well that is a safety issue. While they have thousands of rules they all boil down to common sense and are reasonable. Now offset that with the stupid idea that someone you have worked with for 20 years can no longer order an appraisal from you, that it has to go through a middle man that will take 1/3 of the fee and then give the order to the lowest bidder no matter what his or her experience level is, that makes no sense and I can't wait until the HVCC dies an early death. Congress is working on it but big companies like Bank of American, Countrywide, Wells Fargo all have their own management companies and they are raking in a lot of money right out of the appraisers pockets. Can we say, not right!
I continue to watch my work load diminish to a point where I have only one order to do now, period for the whole upcoming week.
I am trying to figure out God's leading and so far I don't have much of a clue, am I just too blind to notice?
I've enjoyed this day and Ray came to visit this morning for awhile. He is a pretty interesting guy and has seen a lot and experienced a lot in his lifetime. He can fix nearly anything and often does. I've got the worlds best neighbors. Ken and LeAnn have been great friends as well as being neighbors for the last 23 years. Think of that, how much younger we all were when our family built the house and we moved in. Lois and Ray check on me every day to see if I'm still doing OK and that feels pretty good. Ken tries to do me in every morning as we walk in the cold and darkness yet it feels strange on those days we don't go. Tomorrow morning he has decreed that we walk at 6 am, can you believe it? 6 am.
I'm so far refusing to meet the challenge of my weight. It stands in the way of everything I hold dear and I'm just stubbornly refusing to change my ways. I just need to take this part of my life and turn it over to a Lord that loves me. At the moment I'm 90 lbs over my ideal weight of 150. That is just crazy. Can you include me in your prayer list. Yes I'm walking, yes I'm going to the club and exercising and both of those behaviors are great but I've got to change what I put in and when I put it in.
So my wonderful family and precious friends here's hoping that your week will be a total success.

Love to every precious one of you,

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Dr. Oz's 28-day vegan challenge totally changed my way of eating and the pounds came off on their own. I highly recommend giving it a try. I was only going to eat vegan for the 28-day challenge, to try it out, but I never did go back to my old way of eating, and it's now been over 4 months!

Good luck with it; the hardest part is knowing the you need to make changes and you've already done that!

Deborah