Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Denied

Well the news came in the mail, you take medicines, you are too heavy, you have diabetes, sorry, we only exist for healthy people. That was the genius of the letter from Kaiser. I was warned that this would be the outcome. Did it make my day? Well frankly no it did not but continuing to feel really under the weather has not helped much either.
Ken and I walked this morning and that went pretty well but I have continuing bouts of fever, nasal congestion and now the good old cough is starting. Perhaps its time to see Dr. Jim who always seems to know what to do to solve this recurring problem.
The work is so deep right now, of course that will pass but right now all I see causes me angst.
This morning I tackled getting W2s out to my two employees I had last year and am wading through other tax papers attempting to become current. Then I turned to writing an appraisal that was due today. When that was finally completed at 3:30 I left for the 1 hour trip to Modesto, picked up the key and saw a little house that was purchased in January for $59,000 and is now in contract for $105,000. A worthy return on investment I'd say.
On the way home I took a call from Nikki. She invited me to dinner and I readily accepted. That was a nice break in the dour day and I tried to keep my distance from the little ones so they would not get what I've got.
Upon arriving at home I found that one of my lenders had sent a good check, that is always nice.
Tomorrow promises to be a very long day, Richmond, Foster City, Stockton, I just hope I can stay awake, be sharp while I'm driving and make it through the day.
I'd like to tell you the day went great, I'm feeling well and that I'm out of debt, but along with the tooth fairy and Santa Claus that would be a stretch. Last night I could not sleep for hours at a time and took turns sweating and then being cold. It will be nice to get healthy again. I do have things to look forward to and I don't want illness to stand in the way.

love

tim

No comments: