Monday, February 8, 2010

A pounding

Well good friends and family, this is one for my record books. It started well at 6 this morning in the dark as we walked and gradually warmed up. Then there was steel cut oats in the slow cooker after which I went directly to work. I worked on a SF appraisal and about half the way through got a call which really threw me for a loop, after that was over I discovered that I had lost all the work I had completed for the SF appraisal so I needed to start all over.
At some point around noon I got word that I could run a credit card and collect $450. Well that sounded good so I opened Quick Books Pro but found I had forgotten the new pass word. Nothing I could remember would let me in and I finally in desperation called the help desk. Little did I know it was located in Bombay or in a field someplace foreign. 2 and 1/2 hours later she finally got me back to the place where I could put in a new password. Of course during that time an appraisal became available from AES but I could not get to it to claim it so lost $350 while I waited for extremely poor help. By now the appraisal that was due by noon was only half done and as of now, time to go to bed it is still not completed.
One good thing did happen today, Funds for two appraisals arrived in the mail and when deposited at the bank the grand total was more than enough for the $840 Blue Cross payment for health care. I had thought I had a 3 pm appointment today which was cod but once I called I found out, it is tomorrow. Fun and games.
This evening I had dinner with Pam and Terry. Terry is Pam's cousin who is visiting from Wales and is set to fly back soon. What a delightful man to have a conversation with. He knows many people in politics in England and even knows the current prime minister. So that was fun, then on the way home over our lovely levee road it began to rain and it poured the rest of the way home. I felt a bit guilty at the luxury of being able to drive into a garage and stay dry when I arrived, Guilt or not I stayed dry.
So now its time to rest and put the day behind.
Love and hugs to the worlds nicest people,

Tim

No comments: