Friday, February 26, 2010

Peace

Good evening
9:45 and I'm slowly unwinding. I slept until 7 today and worked at my desk for most of the day. As the day progressed I began to hear rain drops fall and then the drumbeat became louder and louder. I ventured out to check the mail and sure enough there was a check waiting. That along with what is in the account allowed me to make the house payment this afternoon. What a relief and what a blessing this month has turned out to be. I've also been able to put a bit aside in the savings account in accordance with the class that I'm attending at the church in financial management.
Just now when I opened the computer I discovered that Capital One has made a deposit into the business account paying for yet another appraisal. This is all good news as I try to climb out from under taxes to pay and people I owe.
This has been a pretty challenging week for me on a personal level. Last Sabbath I stayed home and rested the entire day only attending worship services through the christian dish. Then on Sunday I mostly rested. As a result of feeling so poorly I've fallen behind in getting my work completed. It has been a challenge.
Late this afternoon I got word that a property I needed to see in Stockton had a coded lock box. So I left at 4 pm to go see the property. Oh how it rained as I drove and as I neared the location it really started to pour. Well I never like to get soaked. This time I was able to do my measuring from the inside of this very empty house so it all went well. The trusty ladder gave me access to the attic. I completed my work well before the sun started to set. In fact it was setting as I faced it driving home. Gone was the rain and wind and in its place was this burning fireball descending over Mt. Diablo. It was so bright and with the air washed clean by the rain it seemed even brighter than usual.
Lois persuaded me to go to Subway with her and I had a garden burger sub. Gradually the stress and strain of a busy week began to drain away and peace gently slipped in.
Life presents many challenges and at this point operating a small business takes all you have and more to just hold it all together. Every order is important represents another small rung on the ladder of living. What used to take about an hour to write up now takes over two hours due to increased verbiage that is required. Are the reports better now? Perhaps, time will tell.
So my friends and family, we are officially in the weekend and for me that means Sabbath, a time to stop with all the chasing of the elusive rainbow and relax with friends, Sabbath School and eternity.
This evening I'm sending my appreciation and love to all those precious people who touch my life and it improves, has more meaning, feeling like really living.

love

tim

No comments: