Monday, March 1, 2010

A rather busy day, all good!

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening my desk is buried in papers for a property I inspected this morning in Citrus Heights but I wanted to stop and take a moment to broadcast the blog while some of you are still up. I never want to be the reason you are not getting your rest!
Ken and I walked this morning in 44 degree temperature. Then a very hot shower catapulted me into the day. I had steel cut oats ready and they were good as usual. I left for Citrus Heights as soon as I could get prepared and had a stress free drive. The property was rough, the carpets were terrible, a window was broken out, the water supple was leaking into the street, the attempts at painting inside were pretty juvenile and there are lots of things that need attention. The home was taken through a trustee's sale in January and now the bank needs guidance as to what it should be listed for and what needs to be done to bring it to market. That is where I come in.
I had the honor of dining with Barb and Gerry Lammerding today for lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Roseville. We had a grand time and then it was back to work. After finishing the process of shooting the comps I headed home and arrived here at 3:45. I started work on the appraisal but had some conditions that had to be dealt with first. Once they were emailed out I turned to the appraisal at hand. But lingering in the back of my mind was the desire to give Weight Watchers a try. I had discovered on line that there was a meeting in Brentwood at 5:30 so on impulse I left the work where it was safe on my desk and drove to the meeting.
Walking into a Weight Watchers meeting is a pretty big step for me and as I expected there were quite a few hefty women there all chatting and knowing the ropes. But as the evening progressed I really began to catch the spirit. This was not a program about going hungry, it was about learning to satisfy hunger with better ideas. And oh did the ideas fly as people shared what they were doing.
Once the meeting was over I then drove to the club and did a full workout, the first is about a week due to my being ill. I could feel the tension in muscles that were not happy to be pushed that far but it was worth it.
Now I'm home and settled in to complete the appraisal. As you can see it has been a huge day, it has some of everything, travel, good friends, work accomplished, personal items attended to and plenty of good exercise both morning and night. It has been really great to be able to talk to special friends during the day, what a lift that provides.
Good night my friends and family,
love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the WW! I think if you give it a try you'll like it. There are typically more women, but you'll find men there too. Rick did WW a few years ago, and did very well on it. It gives you lots of ideas about ways to curb hunger, and standing on someone else's scales is a good thing for accountability. And it's not hard...and you see what kinds of things actually are higher in calories or carbs then you would think. Good luck to you! I finally joined a program at our work, and am working with a trainer, a nutritionist, and logging calories etc. I've lost about 12 lbs in about 3 weeks.
I'll be anxious to hear how you're doing. Get some of those little 100 calorie snack bags...they're great for not over-indulging but satisfying a craving for something...sugar, salt, sweet, crunch....whatever.
Judy Anderson

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, this is probably the most positive step you can take right now. Getting healthy. As you know, I decided to try the vegan lifestyle for just 28 days, and now 4 months later I'm still on it, and it's working for me. It's all about finding what works for you. I hope WW is it. And...who knows...? Maybe you'll find a kindred spirit at the meetings?? He he! Be open to all possibilities because you never know what life (or the Lord) will throw your way!

Best always,

Deborah