Monday, March 22, 2010

7 pounds down!

Dear Family and Friends,
Well it was back to work today. I had a horrible time of sleeping last night and finally fell asleep at 2 am this morning. My mind just could not accept the reality of the health care bill and its terrible implications on freedom, the economy and the damage it will do to doctors, hospitals and most important the patients.
At 5:45 the alarm woke me for my walk with Ken. Oh my body cried out, not yet as I slowly rolled over and sat up. The walk was cold and tedious and I was glad when it was over. I came back to a warm house and showered and left for John Muir lab for my blood draw. The lady doing the draw let me know about a little place nearby for breakfast. Its called Diggers Diner and the oatmeal was superb.
I drove back home, settled into my work chair and an hour later woke to begin a much needed appraisal. It took the rest of the day to get it done.
Around noon at Lois's prompting I drove to the post office and picked up the IPOD package sent by Marilyn. Lois kept exclaiming how neat, how neat as she opened the packaging. She played with it a bit and informed me it was wonderful, its an ITouch so using it will be easy. I am so excited, never had one before and I think it can hold dozens of books, ready to play and listen to at any moment. Tomorrow Lois will see if the first book really did download like she was attempting to do.
At 5:30 I raced out the door for Weight Watchers and there was still a line of people being helped when I arrived. The room was full of people with hope to be lighter and healthier. I was informed that I have now lost 7 lbs. Of course I was very surprised and pleased.
All day I waited to hear from the car repair place about the bug and not a word came through. I certainly hope they can fix it and stop the leaking. Meanwhile I keep driving the rental car and they keep paying the bill. I'm getting used to the little car, its a kick.
I am feeling better with less coughing today. A friend supplied some D3 which I've started taking and I'm glad to be getting a little more D in my system.
So I'm signing off now, dead tired and I think ready to sleep all night. So far Ken has not called and I do not intend to call him this late.
Love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tim,
Glad to hear that you are using D3 now. That is the real thing, if it says just vitamin D that is the synthetic version. You have been sick quite a bit over the last year so it may take a little while to build up in your system but I think you will be able to see the difference soon.
Congratulations on the weight loss. You are on the way to looking and feeling much better.