Thursday, March 4, 2010

Guest writer


Hi

I'm Lady, I've lived in this household for the past 11 years and share space with Starr the spoiled pug. I'm a dignified Scottish Terrier and patrol the back deck, barking when I need to to let the world know my opinion. My master is a pretty good guy, he drops treats when I beg real hard and usually remembers to keep my food bowl filled. Things must be a little better lately since I've noticed that there are 3 treat bags now when there used to be just 1 and it was usually empty.

This morning I knew something was up when master let me and Starr go out into the garage and then into his funny little black car. There were lots of dropped food items I was able to clean up for him and it was fun to watch out the window and see cars go by. We drove for about 30 minutes and then we stopped. He hooked me to a lease but Starr had to stay, she was not happy about that at all. We walked into this big store where every isle had stuff for dogs and cats and into a white room where master handed me over to some nice people in white clothes. I got to stay there all day and oh what fun I had.

First they put water all over me and got lots of dirty water as a result. Then they rubbed something into my skin, they brushed my teeth and then they started clipping my long matted fur off, they just kept clipping until I felt a chill. When they got through they put a white bandana around my neck and tied it. Then I waited and waited for master to come. I wondered if he had forgotten about me. Finally I heard his voice and then he was leading me out the door to the car. I met so many nice doggies that were there to get the treatment too. We rode home and I just rested.

When I got home Starr had a fit, she wanted to know where I had been, what I had seen and did it hurt? Now I'm just taking it easy and getting used to my new look. I've included a photo master took of me this evening so you can see what I look like now. Master must really love me because I heard him say, $58 real loud.

So thats what's happening here at the mustard household. I see that he has washed our blankets and sheets so our bed is going to be all clean tonight. Oh yes did I mention that Starr and I get to sleep on his big bed with him. I heard him tell Starr that someday we might have to move to our own little beds but for now we are enjoying watching him put on his Darth Vader mask each night which helps him sleep quietly.

We must be doing better as I hear master talk on the phone more now and he sounds very happy. He is gone a lot during the day doing something he calls work but Starr and I are always at the door at night to welcome him when he finally makes it home. He says it is the best thing to happen all day, to see us so anxious and happy that he is home.

So this is Lady and that's how it is.


1 comment:

Deborah W said...

What a CUTE post! So glad to finally see a photo of Lady - I imagined her totally different! Is Starr next? He he!

have a happy day!

Deborah