Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Shipley Girls go to Sabbath School

Kallie tries on her wings at Sabbath School, is it just me or she really a cutie!
Dear Family and Friends,

I'm just in from picking up my bug in Walnut Creek. Thank goodness for kind neighbors. Last night it was Ken who rescued me when the car broke down with a missing oil plug and tonight it was Ray who drove with me over to Walnut Creek where we had dinner and then drove back. The total came to almost $800 for a new oil pan, new plug, new serpentine belt, new headlight and other lights that had failed and of course a new oil supply and filter. The car drove great coming home and I was feeling pretty confident knowing that the engine was still working. Can you imagine how disappointed I was to discover a line of drips in the driveway, drips of oil. Yet when I just checked the oil three times it appears to be at the full mark. Ray brought over a white cardboard sheet which we placed under the car, in the morning I'll check for drips and try to determine where the leak is. This was not the outcome I expected or wanted.

This morning I had the high honor of taking Ms Keanna and Ms Kallie to Sabbath School. They both enjoyed their programs very much. Keanna was especially touched by the need for some little children who attend classes somewhere in Africa that have no uniforms to wear.

I had hoped to drive to Lodi to see the Wedgewood Trio in concert this afternoon but with so much uncertainty over when the car would be fixed I decided to just stay at home. It all worked out OK and I hope the oil drips are a minor problem with a quick fix.

Tomorrow I have an appraisal here in Discovery Bay at 10 and then on in Novato at 2:30. I also have to do follow up work on two other properties so I hope the oil drip can easily be solved.

After attending the Financial Peace class at the church I had managed to put $1,000 aside in a saving account for emergencies, well it just got spent, yet it was a blessing to have it when it was needed.

My desire is that your weekend is going well for you, that you are getting to spend quality time with your family, that your honey do list is ready for tomorrow and that you have time to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Love to all


Tim

2 comments:

Bob and Carrol. said...

Hi Tim,

You more than likely have Your last pan full of Engine Oil Deposited all over the undercarrige of the Bug. It will probably be dripping for some time to come till it all finds it way to the street below. You might try a "Power Wand" wash Job for the underside, probably $10.00 or so or if You have access to a Power washer do it Yourself with a Jack and Steves Help.

We enjoyed the Music and Preaching at Farimont Yesterday. Sang with the Male Chorus and the Choir, Played with the Band too. Great Meal after the Sabbath Service.
Met lots of Friends from times past.

Open Your E-Mail I'm sending You a Special invitation for Wed 17th.

Love You,
Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

You can't see their wings but all those friends that are there for you are angels in disguise.

p.s.
Kallie looks so adorable with her little wings on.