Friday, March 5, 2010

What a day this has been.

Dear Family and Friends,
Thanks to Lady for her guest blog last night.
This morning the alarm woke me from a very chilly night, about 34 degrees. I came down and managed to write an appraisal between 6 and 8 this morning. With that one emailed to the lender I turned my attention to breakfast, shower and getting on the road. Lois had loaned me her IPOD and it took a few minutes in the driveway to figure out how to make it work. I enjoyed the book all day and it helped the 260 miles I drove today to pass smoothly. I first drove to Novato by using Highway 4, then the Richmond parkway to 580, then San Raphael bridge past San Quentin to 101. I went up 101 for a few miles to the Novato exit and used surface streets to reach the property. What a fun place it was located up a narrow road and surrounded by forest and hills. The owner was a sea captain and he talked freely about being on the sea for 6 months and then home for a few months.
Once I left Novato I was well behind schedule and headed for a first, a little condo in Vacaville that is in public records but I never could locate the actual building. I found all the comps, the street but no 2001 on the street. One has to cut his losses eventually and keep moving so I left for Hayward, you know the one where I've been there twice before. Today someone was home and he was so nice. With that one under my belt I started to walk the comps which are all located in the complex. It turned out to be a huge complex with ups and downs to climb. Finally I made it back to the car. The Mountain House agent never called back so I headed to Tracy to have an oil change. My car was begging for fresh oil.
Once the oil change was completed under the watchful eye of a little guy who has done my car for years I left and decided on a snap decision to have dinner at Olive Garden. It was great food as usual.
Once I came home I built a fire and have enjoyed just sitting for the past hour.
Tomorrow I hope to be able to take both Kallie and Keanna to Sabbath School. I'll have to listen to my Financial Peace lecture on the CD but Kallie has not been to SS in over a month so I think its time.
There is much to be thankful for as this week comes to a close. For hundreds and hundreds of safe miles driven, for work and for some payment, for a chance to see all my little kidos this week and their parents and to get to talk to special friends.
Love to all

tim

No comments: