Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Working it through


Dear Family and Friends,

Its 7:27 and I'm just about worn out. After a peaceful night, codeine does help, I got up and headed to Dr. Jim's office in Antioch. I was taken in in just a few minutes for which I was grateful, I just hate to add to other people's woes by coughing around them.

Jim checked me out and seemed to decide that the Avalox was the right medicine for the problem and I left. Since I had not eaten breakfast I went to a very nice locals place called Sylvia's. My bowl of oatmeal was outstanding and along with orange juice was my entire meal. Knowing how many points are in bread sure cuts back on the toast factor.

Once breakfast was over I drove home and set to work. Once the report was completed and emailed out to the east coast I then went back into the field and inspected a little house on a very big acre+ lot in Brentwood. Shooting comparables for a mini ranchette takes a long time since they are located all over the place but with the GPS I managed to get them all shot.

I've been home since working and once again today I got an email from a management company seeing if I would like to submit an application for their panel. That is good news.

Tonight after a terrible bout of coughing a few minutes ago in which everything swims about, I can't even consider standing up for a while afterwards. I rode the stair chair upstairs to grab the codeine cough syrup. I don't usually do that in the day time but I needed relief.

So I'm in the early stages of recovery and yes I know the recovery could be faster if I could take it easier. However I'm not at a place where I can take a couple days off, just can't do it and stay on top of all the requests and urgent matters. Oh how I wish I could just rest and I know I'll be much better soon, ready to rejoin the human race. I missed picking up Keanna this afternoon, we all agree that its far to risky to expose her to me at this point. We don't want sick children at all.

So pretty soon I'm heading to bed. I woke at 5 am this morning ready to get up but actually put it off until 6:15. I'm learning how the rest of the world lives vehicle wise. The van does pretty good for a big car but its only doing about 22.5 right now the tank is sliding toward empty. In the bug I would go 560 miles for about $32. In the van I go about 385 miles and pay about $60. It does make a difference.

On the bug front I've not felt up to driving it back to Walnut Creek to have them check it out, about what is wrong, where is all the oil coming from. I'm preparing myself for the worst outcome so anything less will be like winning.

I would appreciate your prayers for me right now. My normal life is pretty much lived on the edge all the time and when the bug costs $1,100 that makes everything else have to wait.

Tomorrow I hope to see a big property in Wilton, 20 acres and a large house. Will be interesting to inspect and then even more interesting to find comps in the area. In the old days we could charge more for these challenging ones but not so much now. The fee is set by the management company, they know nothing of the property and really don't want to be called to ask for more. She went up $25 for this one. I used to get $500 for a job like this, now its $400 and I'm glad to get the work.

If you have an opinion about this health care disaster that is about to get voted on please let your reps know how you feel. Stay positive and kind and just let them know that your doctors, the ones you trust are very fearful of how they can treat 30 million more people, be paid less than they are now and not have to compromise on the quality of care they are committed to. My doctor told me today and he would retire if he could, that he fears for his patients and he thinks the country is out of control right now.

Nan used to always remind me that God is still up there and that would calm me down a bit. Starr and Lady are afraid to try to calm me down, they think I might cut back on their treats so they stay quiet.

The photo is of the lake tonight, a nice sunset to a very challenging day. I'm sure there are some things I'm thankful for, like someone pointed out, yes the bug let me down but it could have been in the fast lane on the freeway in driving rain, the worn tires could have blown at any minute. I guess there are rainbow tints to much of what we experience.

So friends, good night


love


Tim

No comments: