Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Interesting day


Good evening friends and family,

Of course the high point of the day was picking up Keanna, seeing her little face light up knowing her Papa was on time and there for her. We drove to MacDonald's for a snack (happy meal) and spotted Steve's car. She was so excited to get to see her daddy that she stayed with him at Strawhat and I went for the Happy Meal. We enjoyed lunch together and I was impressed again with how many people Steve knows as customers came in to order Steve knew many of them. Our local Strawhat is under new ownership and what a big improvement. Its worth going there again.

After lunch we drove to Keanna's house, picked up her music homework bag and then drove to my house where I went to work and Keanna picked up her eating, 5 or 6 huge strawberries, crackers, a jello cup. That girl can put it away. She created a great picture for me, took her time until she had it the way she wanted it. Once I completed my report we went to the park where she played. Soon it was time to leave for Brentwood and the music class. After buying her a cookie that looked like an egg I left for the club. I actually did not care to get soaked so I took a nap in the van. Once the rain stopped I headed in and I looked longingly at the spin class sign up. I did not understand it so just skipped it. As I entered the workout area I decided to just go up the stairs to the spin room, a room with about 30 bikes mounted on the floor and facing the front where a very positive Kim sat on her bike with a microphone on her cheek. I peered into the room through the glass door and was about to leave when she waved me in. She got off her bike, found me a bike, adjusted it to fit me and then talking all the while told me to take it easy. Soon we were spinning, riding and for the next 40 minutes or so I entered spinning hell. We never stopped spinning and were told to stand up and pump, that was beyond my ability so I just sat on a horribly uncomfortable seat and tried to keep up. The towel was soon soaked, my glasses were soaked, the bike was soaked, my shirt was like rain had fallen. The pace was amazing and for a while I thought my heart would probably just throw in the towel and quit but it did not quit. Every few minutes I would peek at the clock on the side wall and just pray that it would be over, I considered stopping and walking out while I could still walk yet I kept spinning. Well I'm writing to you now loyal reader to you know I survived. Will I got back, you bet, my goal now is to be able to hold my own with the many other riders who all were obedient and leaned forward when they were told to, adjusted the tension ever tighter and stayed with the driving beat of the music and Kim's relentless browbeating. She is not only not hard to look at but also an outstanding teacher and leader.

After we finally stopped I was amazed to discover I could still stand up and the ground did not shake. Lets just say I walked through the weight machines, tossed the towel and drove directly home. I did not pass Starbucks or anything else. I've been in the recliner for 2 hours catching my breath. All in all a great experience.

This morning I met with Jim Edwards, my doctor and we went over the recent blood tests. While there were some less than ideal signals most of the reports were very good. Vit D was low and a friend recently supplied me with just the right bottle of pills to solve that. My cholesterol was an amazing 96 and my bad cholesterol was within the proper range but my good cholesterol was low. My A1C, a long term look at the blood sugar levels was up, 7.1 this time from 6.5 last time a year ago. PSA was very low which is good.

I had taken logs of blood sugar sticks and also records of many blood pressures over the past month. Jim took everything into account and then made some changes in my medications, one move from Crestor to a less expensive one will help financially. He also gave me samples of a brand new drug that is given sub que, the needle is so tiny you don't feel it. This drug helps draw down blood sugar levels and instead of prompting weight gain this one actually enhances efforts to lose weight. I'm excited about that one. Jim also pointed out that there is a difference in the actual levels of omega 3 delivered between the brands that are sold as prescriptions and the ones sold by CostCo and CVS. I checked my bottle this evening and it only delivers 300 mg of omega 3 yet is sold have having 1,000 mg. That was very good information to know. My time there was well spent.

So today I've survived the doctor's office, the spinning class, Keanna's visit and the writing of an appraisal.

I have to close tonight with the perfect ending to a busy day. I know from checking on line banking that I had about $1,400 toward the house payment that had to be made today which is $2,518. I've been waiting for payment from Capital One for over two weeks with nothing being deposited to my account. This evening there was an email informing me of payment for 4 appraisals which is being direct deposited into my account. I now can make the house payment. Living this close is very unnerving but also a real faith builder. I've done nothing to deserve His help but I certainly appreciate it deeply and constantly.

Love to all,


Tim

No comments: