Thursday, March 18, 2010

Recovering as good news arrives

Dear Family and Friends,
Last night I finally made the big move and got the Thermaphor (sp) out of its box and in spite of it being a bit late I gave it a try. It really gets warm and the amazing thing is, it pulls moisture from the air and one ends up with a damp heat. Once I woke up this morning I did the same thing again. It automatically cycles through 4 little green bars and then cools down. Today the cough has been much looser and less painful so I think it helped. Thank you Sylvia for picking it up for me and no I've not forgotten I need to pay you for it!
Once up I peeled my eyes open and quickly showered. When I hit the scales I discovered that I'm down 12 lbs from my high point. That was good news indeed.
After an oatmeal breakfast I did the commute to the office, its about 20 steps and the dogs usually walk with me in case I drop some food or dain to give them a treat.
I set to work and finished a report that needed to be emailed out.
Since it was such a nice day I tried for an appointment in nearby Oakley. It worked out fine for a 2 pm appointment. Last minute I decided to take the bug to see just how bad the oil leak was. Well now we know, every place I came to a stop has a tiny oil circle on the pavement. Once the appraisal was completed I decided impulsively to call the repair place to see if they could check out the oil drip. They have a different branch of the same company in downtown Antioch. I was very pleased that they could see me and I liked the people there from the very start. They put it right up on a rack and I waited to be told that the main seal was leaking. That is what I expected and I knew to repair it would take thousands of dollars. In a few minutes the manager came over to tell me the mechanic had located one of the main bolts holding the pan on the engine was totally stripped out and oil was leaking there due to the lack of a tight seal between the block and the pan. I was so relieved to get the news that actually was something they did and it could be repaired. They then proceeded to order a rental car for me which they paid for and I'll go back tomorrow when they call after they have it fixed.
On another front many of the MLS boards have been entering into sharing agreements lately where if you belong to one board you can access other boards through their site. I had just paid $102 to a board in Sonoma and Solano county for the next three months so when I discovered I can access their board through my own board I called to see if I could get a refund. The lady was great and tomorrow will credit it back to the credit card, my bank account. Yea, a little victory but in the right direction for a change.
In general I'm feeling better today, not great but the salad I made for lunch was simply wonderful but I found that about 3 hours later I was pretty hungry again so out came the 1 point chocolate bar from weight watchers.
On my way home I decided to have my blood work. I got right to the grim reaper and he discovered that the form was marked 12 hour fast. I had missed the check expecting a written comment so now I have to give up until tomorrow morning on the blood draw.
I'm missing my kidos so much. Due to the illness I'm about as welcome as salt in a wound, no one wants those little guys to get sick.
How I enjoy my talks with my kids and my friends, what a lift they provide to my soul.

Love

tim

2 comments:

Bob and Carrol. said...

Hi Tim,

Sounds like Great News on the "Bug's Illness". Let's hope they have found the real problem and can fix it right, can We say Free !!

Have a good Day and enjoy this beautiful Spring Weather.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 12 lb mark!! I told you it would work! :) I lost another 2 lbs this week in spite of my trip to Palm Springs!
Judy