Friday, March 26, 2010

Catching my breath at MBA

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm writing to you this evening from the motorhome, it is parked by the ocean at Jason and Jo's house at Monterey Bay Academy. If I try hard I can hear the breakers on the shore and otherwise there is a huge wall of silence, what a place to recharge ones emotional batteries.
I had hoped to get away fairly early this morning from home but one thing after another kept popping up to block my progress. A MLS board I needed to access to complete a report suddenly was blocked and the tech people did not solve it until late this afternoon. I had a mini battle with my bank, conditions kept coming in and I was stressing over whether I should make the trip or stay home and work. A friend called at a crucial moment and the advice given was right on so I loaded up the coach and hit the road.
I decided to try to obtain batteries for Jason's golf cart we had given him years ago. Its batteries had failed and I hoped I could purchase some used ones. I had no idea of helpful the manager would be. He took me to a pallet that had 6 batteries sitting on it. He said they were about a year old and were still good. He charged me $100 for the 6 when they are usually at least $25 each. He loaded them in cardboard boxes and sat them on the floor of the motorhome. What a blessing.
Then I was able to locate a place nearby that sells propane and since I was on empty I was able to purchase 13 gallons or pounds. finally I was on the road.
When I arrived I found Nikki and the girls were here visiting, the kids were playing and sharing nicely. Eventually we discovered that we were hungry and Jason and Jo guided us to a nice Italian place in Santa Cruz. What fun to share time with my precious people, the kids enjoyed their dinners, the adults talked, it was good. Well worth the trip just to be together like this.
After we returned to MBA Jason guided me in so I could park sort of level. Then we put these little egg crate leveling squares down and instantly the motorhome was perfectly level. Its rare to get it this good.
I am anticipating that you will have a blessed weekend.

love

tim

No comments: