Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Sabbath brings rest, friends, family


Dear Family and Friends,
Ken coaxed me back outside for a brisk morning walk at 7. It was interesting with lots of coughing. Once I reached home I quickly loaded seats back into the van, ate a quick breakfast and raced to pick up the girls.
We had a great time driving to church and took in all the domestic animals along the way. At one point there were some horses on a hill far away from the highway and Kallie called it right with both their name and their sounds.
When we arrived Keanna raced off to her sabbath school division where Sylvia was working and Kallie and I went to our room only to discover that we were the only ones there. So Kim ran the full program for Kallie and a little later another family joined the fun. I've included yet another angel photo of Kallie. I enjoy seeing her with wings, white wings.
After Sabbath School we ventured into Burger King. This one was nice in that the children's play area was small enough that Kallie could play and under Keanna's guidance she even came down the slide many times. Finally I decided it was time to leave and head for home. Kallie thought otherwise so I ended up carrying her to the car tucked under my arm. Once in the car she settled down and by the time we were home she had fallen into restful sleep. Steve expertly lifted her and took her to her bed where she napped for awhile.
I had received a call from Justin at the car repair place which let me know that when they started the car this morning oil was oozing out and they needed the rest of the day to repair it.
This afternoon I went on a lake cruise with Ray and Lois and as we were coming back Justin called to update me. He said somehow the rear main seal had been nicked by a tool at some point and would need to be replaced at their cost. So now it looks like perhaps I will get my car back. I really appreciate how faithful they guys are being at getting it right. Meanwhile I'm driving a little rental car that Keanna thinks is cute, its about her size really.
This evening Nikki called to see if I wanted to join them at Strings in Brentwood. The food was good, the kids were a bit wild and tired from a huge day. By now they are fast asleep and Nikki and Steve can finally relax a bit.
While I intended to catch a nap today it just didn't happen. It was a lovely day with warm sunshine to enjoy.
Tomorrow is a work day for me with a 10 am appointment in Hayward, it pays money on the spot, yea!
Sending love and it was so very special to get to talk to friends today. It is always such a lift to spend time in pleasant conversation.
love
tim

No comments: