Thursday, March 25, 2010

It was beautiful

Dear Family and Friends,
This morning I drove to Stockton to conduct an inspection for a bank, the one funding the construction of the home. I was not prepared for what I found. The contractor met me at the street and the home was nearly completed. It backs to the Stockton Channel and has a direct view of Mt Diablo from the center kitchen window. The home was what the term high end really means. From the carefully installed solid wood doors to the $100,000 of tile work to the 4 bathrooms filled with marble, everything was perfectly done. The detail that went into this home was really amazing and the contractor was very proud of his work. They are a few weeks from completing the home and it will be masterpiece when completed. So I shot dozens of photos of the details, emailed them to the lender and come some day I'll get a check for $50 for my troubles but it was worth it this time just to see a home like this. Our mansions in heaven must be like this one.
Although I've hardly coughed at all today my chest has pain and heaviness. It may be from the workout at the club but it sure is no fun. Every movement comes with great effort.
This evening I drove over to Mountain House to inspect what they call a condo. It is really a very nice property and is going out at $205,000. Nice thing about this order is I've already been paid for my work on this one.
This evening I brought the motorhome home so I could load it and prepare for a trip to see Timothy and his parents. Part of me just feels to tired to even think of loading up but I know trips there are always a lift. I'm very tired of being ill, of feeling poorly and frankly I'm depressed. By doing all the work to keep the company thriving I now do what the accountant used to do, the phone person and the writer. I don't have any time to keep up with the house and all that goes with that. I long to attack the garage, locate Nikki and Jason's old toys, throw trash away, long to get the house painted, long to get a stone in place to mark Nan's grave site, long to knock down the tall grass and weeds and so the list goes.
Along with challenges I also want to be reflective of blessings that come nearly every day. I get to set my own hours, its basic, if I'm awake I need to be working, I get to live by Willow Lake with its geese, ducks, fish etc. Money is still coming in to cover the basics but every month the tax bill gets higher.
I hope your day has been more positive.

love

tim

No comments: