Monday, March 8, 2010

A chilly day, a great day to work in the office

Dear Family and Friends,
Its 9:40 and this has been a pretty good day. Ken dragged me out of bed this morning with a promise to walk at 6 am. Do you know how early and how dark it is and how cold it is? I dressed quickly to avoid frostbite and headed out. George, my big yellow kitty, was at the front door to greet me and reached up to get petted. He purred as Ken stumbled out his front door. We walked and talked and before long were around the circuit.
I sat down and started to write an appraisal that was due. Once it was completed I set to work on the next one. For breakfast my steel cut oats were steaming in the cooker and this time I used the coffee bean grinder to grind up the flax seeds.
For lunch I remembered that tonight was weight in at Weight Watchers so I cut up Romaine hearts, chopped up a tomato, added a few olives and microwaved a few pieces of vege chicken strips given to me by a friend. I chopped up the chicken pieces and then used a non fat dressings. My lunch was delicious and then I had 32 oz of ice tea from the powder. Imagine my delight to be told at weight watchers that I had lost 2 lbs. Can't say I deserved it but I'll take it and try to do better next time. I'm told I have to journal every bit I take and for some reason that seems like such a huge step.
I've been cutting way back on dairy and trying to eat large amounts of free foods, foods like tomatoes that have no calories. It seems to be working.
How nice it is during the day to have friends call and chat.
So at the end of a busy and productive day I send my blessings, rest easy my friends. You really are a special bunch.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job on the WW loss!! Those 2 lbs add up over time. You'll be amazed, and the journaling thing is 90% of the ticket to success. When you have to write it down, you see what and where you're doing good, and when you're not. Keep on............I am! :)
Judy (C)