Monday, March 29, 2010

Varied tasks

Good evening
As I'm heading to bed I thought I would bring you up to speed on my day. First to Vacaville to see a nice little place, then to CostCo for cat food, mundane stuff, then home to work for awhile, then off to Weight Watchers where amazingly I've lost yet another pound. Now its 8 lbs down. I really don't deserve it.
Then to the club to watch Keanna in her swimming lesson and Kallie running, playing, eating Cheerios and smiling a whole lot.
Then home to do some heavy lifting. The batteries, all 6 of them needed to be transferred to the bug so I could get them back to the Livermore company to honor my word. While I was in town I picked up a 3 dollar device that lets you grab batteries and lift them. They are very very heavy and would break your foot if they fell. Well the device worked perfectly on two of the batteries but the other 4 had a different terminal which did not stick up enough for the device to get a hold. What to do, lifting the batteries with bare hands was out of the question for me, just two heavy. So what to do. Using two nails as pins I devised a way to make the lifting device stay connected the battery, it worked and all 6 batteries are now safely loaded in the back of the bug for delivery tomorrow morning. I think I will just keep going then to Hollister to do an appraisal that came in today and then hurry back for a dinner appointment tomorrow evening which I do not plan to miss.
I must say the bug sure drives nicely now with its new tires and quieter engine. It starts rapidly now and seems to run perfectly.
Now off to bed since neighbor Ken has decided that we should walk in the morning at 6 am. Too early!
Love to all,

Tim

No comments: