Sunday, March 14, 2010

Drip drip drip

Dear Family and Friends,
Hope your Sunday has been a joy. Mine has been spent in the driver's seat of son in law Steve's Honda Civic. Nikki still had the van and after a short drive this morning I discovered that the bug is dripping even more oil. This afternoon after returning from the field I started it, backed it out and jacked it up so I could get underneath and see where the oil was coming from. What I found was not so good. A constant drip of oil was coming down the side of the pan from between the pan and the engine and when I checked the dipstick the oil was slightly over full in spite of all the oil I have lost since last night in Walnut Creek. I'm not sure what is happening but its not good. But while I had the car up in the air I discovered that both front tires were worn along the edges so bad that I could see a band of steel showing, they were set to blowout at any moment. That was a shocker.
In the morning I'll take the two front tires to either CostCo or America's tires and purchase new ones. I'm going to do this before I try to get the bug back to Walnut Creek for followup repairs. Seems the hits just keep on coming.
It was a very nice day today with warm sunshine all the way to Novato and back. Steve's little car hums down the road and is a pleasure to drive. I quickly learned how to use his GPS and it guided me everywhere I needed to go.
Do you ever consider the upcoming week from the vantage point of Sunday night? I often think ahead wondering what to expect and as I look to this week I really have some concerns.
I'm sending love to you this evening and best wishes for a successful week.

Love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim,
Maybe you should think of this in a positive way. Had the oil leak not have happened you would not have found out about the bad tires and you may have had a blowout & accident. It was quite possibly a blessing in diguise,an expensive one, but still a blessing. It quite possibly saved your life and maybe other lives. God works in mysterious ways and he is watching out for you.