Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rested





Hi
I'm just home from driving back in the motorhome from MBA. Along the way I stopped to see Ron Wing, Irene's husband. We lost Irene Jan. 26 and Ron and I have been able to have a couple meaningful times when we can talk. Tonight was one such night. He took his son Eric and me to Hometown Buffet and we all ate like there was no Weight Watchers, yikes. We were able to share important stuff and just had a good evening.

This morning Jason and I walked Timothy and my dogs to the beach. It was a splendid morning, not a bit cold and clear. During the day we tackled several projects. With a fresh charge in the newly installed batteries Jason took Timothy and me on a ride around campus. The golf cart performed perfectly in spite of Jason's horrific driving, who taught that boy to drive? Mmmm. While we were out we toured the administration building where Jason's classrooms are located. During spring break a dedicated individual has been painting and after 4 coats of paint has the walls and ceilings of the hallways beautifully white. The ceiling had not been painted since the building was constructed many many years ago. They are doing many updating things to the halls and entry which will bring the building up to date.

Jason then planted me on his riding lawnmower and I mowed his huge yard, besides putting the wrong gas in the tank and popping off a belt my work went smoothly. He has a very cute little compressor and we managed to get all his tires, car, golf cart, bike, bike trailer, all of them to the correct levels. He repaired the recliner which had lost a nut, we fixed the windshield on the golf cart, we were awesome in the repair department.

Finally this afternoon it came time to unplug from the house, button down all the loose stuff in the motorhome and drive home. Oh how I hate to drive out from MBA. Sometimes it feels like driving out of heaven and back to earth.

Yes, the trip to MBA has done its refreshing magic once again. I want to thank Jason and Jo for their generous hospitality, for sharing Timothy in so many ways and for providing a safe haven to visit once in awhile to settle the tumult of life just a bit.

Love

Tim
PS What fun to share photos of family and especially Kidos.

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Great photos!!

Deborah