Sunday, August 10, 2008

Celebrating 60 with family and friends!














Wow what fun we had today,
Ken and I walked this morning and my being sore really caught up with me. Then the kids called and invited us to breakfast at the Byron Inn. That was a great meal, thanks kids! It was perfect. Then we made a trip to town for last minute supplies which Marilyn so kindly took care of while I caught a nap in the car. This this afternoon it was party time.
What a huge blessing to have such friends and family. Not everyone who came is pictured. Joyce sent these photos when she returned to her home in Lodi and I wanted to share them. I didn't take any photos as I was totally busy just getting to talk to my friends.
Dave Hardesty made the mistake of coming early and was put to work on projects. He ended up fixing the spa, first time it has worked well in over 3 years and yes I got to sit in it tonight and soak out some of the aches and pains from golfing and working cleaning things up the last few days. He helped Ray with getting the bimini top put back on the paddle boat. Becky Lanza had been so kind as to sew the new top from material Ray purchased a few weeks ago. Dave helped with getting the drinks ready with ice in the chests. Soon friends arrived with all kinds of great food, salads, fruits, chips, fresh corn, fresh peaches, fresh tomato's, fresh muffins, fresh Nectarines, nuts and then a beautiful cake supplied by Nikki along with another pie, a delicious pie that tasted like strawberries, oh I could go on and on. Great food with lots of color and creativity. Reds, greens, pinks, browns, wow. Then Ray and Lois started preparing the BBQ items which included burgers and Boca burgers on whole wheat buns with all the fixings.
George and Yvonne were just in from a week at Tahoe and I was so excited that they could come, Shawn and Joyce from Lodi, many friends from Tracy, Mary from Discovery Bay Travel, our neighbors from both sides, Ray and Lois and Ken and LeAnn. Talk about being blessed, such good neighbors and friends. Keanna repeatedly sang Happy Birthday to me and every time was a heart touching experience. Once she stopped me and said we should pray for Grammy so we did, she prayed for Grammy, Noka (their Rottweiler), their two kitties. She has such a tender and sweet heart. Kallie was held by so many different friends and I think each enjoyed this very special little bundle. Nikki was superb in helping everything happen just right. Barb and Gerry arrived early and she did her usual special tough cleaning tables and organizing. I'm sure Marilyn is very tired tonight as she has shopped, worked and been on duty all day.
The cards are so cute, thoughtful and will be enjoyed over and over again. In spite of the gift prohibition a few slipped through, a beautiful candle with two wicks, several gift certificates for Olive Garden, even some cash and a really cute balloon.
There is no way I could adequately thank everyone for all they did but the net result was a very special time where I got to share the house and its setting beside the lake, where I got to see many of my friends up close and could catch up on their lives.
And there were special moments too, of health issues being faced by several with serious overtones. Many need our special prayers.
Tonight I am grateful for getting to share this day, turning 60, with people I trust, love and treasure. No one could ask for more.
love to one and all,
tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Happy happy happy birthday, Tim! Looks like you had a wonderful time!