Monday, August 18, 2008

IRS talks go well

Dear Friends and Family,
I'm so glad I know you and have you in my life. It helps to fill my life with more meaning and purpose.
Today some orders came in, take a peek at where they are located. El Dorado Hills above Sacramento, Windsor above Santa Rosa, Oakland, Stockton, Pittsburg. And all in a rush of course. Am I complaining, forgive me, no I'm not complaining, this is how my God is working, I see Him urging people to order from Discovery Appraisal and wondering why as they are doing it, as I look forward I see a busy company again and the chance to work myself out of debt and into a savings account, getting ahead enough so I too can go on a mission trip and help people. I see myself as a slim 60 year old in good health reaching out to assist people, doing good work and enjoying success. After all I'm a child of the King and I think the King would like his children to do well and do their best.
This evening Marilyn and I headed out to Tracy after the phones stopped for the day and used one of the gift cards that were shared by kind people for the recent birthday. The food was perfect, the salad fresh and tasty.
This morning the Comcast cable guy came and looked over our systems. His conclusion is that the copper cable I installed 20 years ago cannot handle the newer digital signals so we need some new cables run. He was a real gentleman and Starr loved him after trying to eat him at the front door. On Wednesday he will come back and run the cable which should solve a year old problem of losing some of the lower and most used channels, 2 through 7.
Marilyn was kind enough to watch for the postman today because I expected two checks in the mail. Sure enough when he arrived Marilyn spotted him, alerted me, the money was there, I made a deposit and got ahead of the checks and charges that were coming in.
This afternoon I finally screwed up enough courage to dial IRS and after about 30 minutes a very helpful lady talked with me. She extended the date when we need to work out an agreement for 30 days which should allow for Ken to file the 2007 year, for me to find $2,000 to cover 941 payments that are due and then to work out an agreement for what I owe in total. It was a very worthwhile exchange and with total kindness and courtesy.
There are so many reasons to be grateful and thankful in both my business life and personal life.
Gradually life is starting to resemble some order and reason again. Nan was such a powerful and talented woman who carried more than her share of duties in our life together. With her at rest I am learning to handle some of the many things she did so well. In general I think she would be pleased with my progress. Yet she would certainly have advice and counsel for me. God gifted me with her for so many wonderful and exciting years and I just am totally thrilled that I was the one that got to enjoy living with her.
For those of you who have lost a spouse you will know personally what I mean when I say, living without them is not something one could ever expect or prepare for. Its like having a beautiful vase, having it smashed and then trying to pick up the pieces and go on. It is happening but it is not easy or pleasant.
So I thank God for Marilyn being here, she is so easy to talk to and very helpful with practical things, the family loves her and I know she enjoys being here on vacation but misses her special family very much too. Once again I am on the receiving end of an act of love, of kindness and I'm not worthy but I'm thankful just the same.

love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Great news about all the orders!! Keep thinking positive and you will one day wake up and realize you've reached your goals. Have a great week!