Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thankful for a busy day

Dear Family and Friends,
9:10 and I'm finally home from a whirlwind day of actual appraisal work. Ken and I walked this morning and we checked the pedometer and found the 3 mile walk yields about 6,600 steps. Right now I'm at 12,501 for the entire day, not bad for a 60 year old guy who is 75 lbs over weight. Thank you Sylvia for this most intriguing device. I actually think I might be on the right path now for a lot of things. Oh the challenges are higher than ever financially. Thousands owed to the IRS and State, more thousands to credit cards, car payments late but there is hope all around.
Hope came in the form of actual appraisal work today. I left here around 9:15 and inspected a home that has sold right here on the lake, then to the golf course to inspect for a lender, to let them know that the house will probably be OK for FHA loan purposes in the near future, then a quick drive to Dublin where the home selling was outstanding, beautiful, updated, furnished perfectly, staged in such a way that the pictures are beautiful. Then after locating the comps I had lunch at Applebees and their side salad was huge. Then on to Martinez to find a house located on such a steep downslope I actually was afraid to may my way down to the tiny lawn in the back as it was three stories lower and I feared falling. I didn't fall though and was able to complete the appraisal. Then I found myself two hours early for the final inspection in El Cerritos so I drove there slowly, found a shade tree and with the breezes from the nearby bay took a much needed nap. Then I woke to shoot the comps photos and finally inspect the little home when the owner got home. Finally at 6:45 I was able to head home and with minimal traffic the trip was pretty easy. I had hoped to forward appraisal work to Jean for her assistance but its too late to do so tonight. Always tomorrow!
How different today was from recent days where nothing work wise was coming in. A new order came in today through a new service I have signed up for, Appraisal Port. Of course the work is in Windsor, above Santa Rosa but it is a job and I can use the new information I gained at the seminar I attended last week. I am thankful for a safe day, for the newly repaired bug which performed perfectly and cooled like a frig all day. This evening I had left overs which were kindly sent home from Mary's last night. they were just as good tonight as last night. Marilyn and I are both in awe of Mary's cooking.
Now its time to cash it in for the day.
Sending love to all and how I appreciated seeing so many friends on Sunday. I just keep thinking about it with a smile. How blessed I am.

love
tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, so glad you made your "rounds" yesterday safely and with good results! Bug working great, too, awesome! Your pedometer sounds like fun, I might look for one. I should walk more. My exercise "thing" is Jazzercise. Love it! Probably because I love to dance and hubby doesn't, so the Jazzercise routines to music is my substitution. Have another great day today! Deborah