Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Working for a change, feels good

Dear Family and Friends,
Its been a long day and rewarding too. Ken and I walked this morning, at this point I've put in 13, 354 steps today and I feel every one of them. Blood sugar numbers were normal, blood pressure was normal. Sylvia's pedometer certainly gives one something to work with, thanks!

Comcast techs came this morning and rewired a bit in at attempt to give us more reliable service. So far so good today. Marilyn and Nikki had lunch with the girls and did some shopping. I hit the road at about noon, caught a burrito from Taco Bell in Stockton and then drove to Eldorado Hills which is on 50 toward Placerville. A key had been hidden and a check left for me. The home was beautiful and well maintained, comps were nearby. Then I headed down the hill to Stockton but encountered a bit of traffic which caused me to arrive late to the Stockton appointment. I enjoyed seeing the home, shot the comps and then called Marilyn to see if she wanted to go to Brentwood with me to pick up my meds and to find food. When I got home Lois was visiting so we all went to Subway for sandwiches and I picked up my stack of meds at Longs, my co pay was just $80 this evening. Now I'm about to fall asleep. Its been a long day, the car has 550 miles so far on this tank of fuel.
I have a question for my loyal and brilliant readers. How does one get a pit out of a Nectarine without destroying the fruit in the process? Are there any special secrets? I just love the taste and texture but I'm a mess by the time I get the pit out.
Enough funds have come in so I can pay part of the house payment tomorrow. This is good news in a month that has seen $1,100 in car repairs, data charges, E&O renewal, motorhome license renewal, plus awhole lot of smaller bills for garbage, phones, cable and Internet, you know the numbers. I am so thankful as I sit here tonight, thankful that God has been very active in His help with some orders, some checks, some survival.
Tomorrow afternoon I go to Oakland to see a property, in the morning I will sit and write up reports.
Marilyn and I are still enjoying tomatoes and peaches from Joyce and Glen's garden and yard. So good, totally beyond anything one can buy in the stores. And of course I am still enjoying eating the bread I bake, Its pretty much what I eat bread wise now.
Life continues to get better, more hopeful and positive. 60 is OK so far. Just have a very hard time believing it is true.
Jerry, my brother, told me it was not so bad and he has certainly demonstrated that retiring and being older can still not keep you from enjoying life. I think he and Donna are busier than ever before and hes lost weight, is busy in his garden, walks miles every day and I'm so proud to call him my brother.
My sister Sibyl is home from the hospital and is doing better too, is now able to get up on her feet a bit and is in such positive spirits.
love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,
The dilemma of the nectarine pits is quite simple ~ be sure to buy the "freestone" nectarines. If you should manage to get a "cling", cut it in half and twist off one half. Then cut out the pit on the other side.

I'm glad work is coming in and you are doing so well at the moment. It's good to be able to work again. Does this mean that sales are up also? Where is the work coming from? Who cares huh? As long as the checks are coming in.

Roger is "enjoying" a bout with stomach flu. It hit him yesterday and he ate nothing all day, but was finally able to keep some Gaiterade down last night. He had a fever of 101.4. It seems when he gets sick anymore he REALLY gets sick. He does seem a bit better this a.m. ~ just weak and feeling very cold at the moment. I hope his fever isn't going up again.

Keep up the good work, Tim, and have another good day!

We love you ~ Carol