Saturday, August 16, 2008

Exciting 24 hours





Dear Family and Friends,

How exciting to spend time with family. Keanna came for a sleep over last night, didn't get up until 7:30 this morning, was a perfect angel and at around 10 I returned her to her parents. Then I pointed the VW toward MBA and a little over 2 hours later arrived. The house was quiet as they were still at church so I found the recliner and fell asleep. You see this morning when I showered I had a itching reaction which sometimes happens and to head it off I took a benedryl (sp). It held off making me sleepy until I arrived in the cool overcast beachfront weather. I watched over Timothy while Jason and Jo went to the all school potluck at the caf. Timothy and I both had more napping. Then we headed to the beach as the entire student body was there creating sand castles and bible stories in sand. These kids go all out. Timothy enjoyed playing in the sand but started to eat it. We headed back up to the house and Timothy continued to drip sand the rest of the afternoon. I've included a few photos of Mr Timothy and parents. Jason's cottage cheese loaf was perfect and the afternoon watching Timothy in action was just great. I got to hold him, watch him scurry around walking behind his little walker. He is quite the little dude. As the evening approached I decided to head home, not sure how I was going to do sleepy wise but made it home fine. I stopped and filled in Livermore and discovered that on this trip today I got almost 46 mpg. That felt great so the entire trip only cost about $20, not bad for a great day with the "man".

While on the trip down I made a very nice discovery. To save miles I always turn off at airway blvd in Livermore and use 84 which is a short cut between Livermore and Sunol Grade. For the past year crews have been creating a new straight road where previously it had been a bunch of very narrow and curvy switchbacks. Today the new road was open. Just one straight shot and with a decent speed limit. Wow it was nice and it will be even nicer this coming weekend when I take the motorhome down. I like discovering new things that make life a tiny bit easier. For example ever since the bug required the AC, fuse box and new switch repairs it has been running much quieter and doing an excellent job of cooling the hot air. But at the same time they put that new cabin air filter in and that has made a drastic change in the air flow too. Now I can often just bring outside air in without the AC on at all and its cool enough. Funny how a few minor changes can make such a huge adjustment in the quality of life, I think of examples, applesauce from Loren and Emily, canned fruit and jam from Joyce Connor, automatic cat box from Pam, GPS from Nan for Christmas a year ago, new camera replacing my old one that my kids laughed at, the new chip that Ray and Lois gave me for my birthday, gift cards for Olive Garden, Ken walking nearly every morning, Steve taking me golfing, a new blood sugar meter which really works and on it goes. What a difference these and many others things can mean. One of the nicest gifts I ever received was a seat cushion that had a blower built in to move air under and behind you in the seat of the car. But due to my weight i wore it out.

Today Jason and Jo gave me my birthday present, a framed photo of Timothy with his arms in the air, it is so cute and Nikki and STeve gave me a photo with a cute frame of Keanna and Kallie. Now you want to talk perfect gifts, those are it.

Life seems to be making more sense lately, I have huge obstacles yet to confront and the future of my profession is somewhat up in the air yet I am thankful for where I'm at, for blessings, for family and for special friends like Marilyn who helps take care of me this month. That is if I ever get her back from the STate Fair!

So I send my love to each and every one of you.


Tim

No comments: