Saturday, August 30, 2008

Overwhelmed by mercy

Good evening,
Last evening I conveyed how I was feeling, pretty low and uncertain about how to cover a looming house payment. Doubt and discouragement seemed to engulf me and my faith was pretty weak. I continued talking with the Lord about it as I fell into my normal deep slumber. I woke this morning looking forward to a brisk walk but without a lot of hope still. I knew the day would have some bright spots but I had no idea of what was to come. I picked up Keanna in the bug and we drove to Sabbath School. We had hardly arrived before we got into a little power struggle and Keanna was unhappy with me, I too was very unhappy as getting to bring Keanna to Sabbath School is one of life's nicest joys and here I was managing to mess it up. It was then that Bob Miller, church treasurer, caught my attention at the door and I went out to speak with him. To my surprise he handed me an envelope. At the moment I did not realize what a huge blessing it contained. I had no idea until much later that it contained God's answer to my house payment. I just want to say how grateful I am for the help that someone extended and it turned my weekend around. For awhile I was in shock, disbelief and then it gradually dawned on me, God had provided just the help that was needed at just the right hour. I am humbled, gratified and bowled over and so thankful this evening for everything that happened. Thank you Lord, thank you for the extreme generosity. When I realized what was happening my first thought was gratefulness, the next a driving desire to do everything I could to ward off getting into such a frightful place again. Tomorrow the stair chair gets listed for sale and soon after the boat goes up for sale too. This generous reprieve deserves my best responses.
But this very lifting bright spot was not to be the only bright spot, blessing today for during the worship hour Kevin Ahn provided special music and it was just that, very special. This young man is very talented and today he shared his talents with the whole church family. It was great music carefully performed with wonderful effects.
Then Sylvia and Lillian shared pictures and thoughts about their time in Chile and their sermon provided yet another spiritual high for the day. These ladies can preach!
After the worship service was over Keanna and I met up with Steve and Nikki and smiling baby Kallie. We enjoyed our pasta, salad and great family conversation. Yet another very bright spot in the day for all of us. Later as I drove home Lois called to let me know how angry she was with me, why? because when I was down emotionally last night I had not called her to talk. The funny thing is several times I felt led to call her but each time I talked myself out of it thinking that it was too late in the evening, I saw no lights on at her house. She let me know that next time I was to call. Do you know what a blessing it is to be situated between two great neighbors. LeAnn and Ken watch over me with diet tips, walking motivation and constant friendship, Ray and Lois do the same. Can I be excused for thinking that God had a hand in placing me where I live knowing how much I would appreciate and benefit from such good people.
This afternoon I was enjoying the Donna and Shawn Want memorial christian dish and a praise team was introduced at some church, I did not catch the location. I was spellbound. Sometimes worship leading by a musical group of people is fairly uninspiring. This group, band was outstanding, interesting and their inspiring music was perfectly performed, the group was balanced, the sound was clean, harmonies were practiced and well blended. I was just glued to the screen, turned up the sound and just worshipped with them. Another very bright spot on this Sabbath day.
Bob, the church treasurer had suggested that the envelope would help me enjoy the whole weekend. The relief it carried has done just that.
A new thought has been introduced by the events of the day, let me try it on you and see what you think. For three or more years I dedicated myself along with Nan to caring for her and attempting to save her life. We endeavered to discover some joy in every day as we went along. I had a clear cut purpose for living, to be Nan's rock, thats how she put it. As you know I've been wrestling with finding the drive deep within me to even try to dump the weight, to find a zest for living again. Here's my new thought, still forming. OK, I lived and breathed caring for Nan day and night and I did well with it, we all know that. Maybe its time for me to take on a new project, to try to save Tim's life now, to enhance it, care for it, restore it. I know if Nan were here she would endorse that new direction. Do you think its possible to redirect thinking, energies, drive?
To say I'm grateful this evening is understatement, I'm thrilled and excited about facing the next day. Thank you for your help, for God's blessing.
love to all,

tim

No comments: